PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Link 4.0

87GNNH
08-28-2007, 07:51 PM
I bought a new computer, and trying to use Turbolink. I have the right connection for USB cable.... when i hit connect it says unable to refresh screen or something like that....

This program did work on my old laptop, but now its broken.

paul

kenmosher
08-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Is it Vista?

If so, try right clicking on the executable and then choose Properties. Then find the tab that has "XP compatibility" and "run as Administrator" ...

Vista blocks a lot of stuff from installing right or running ...

87GNNH
08-30-2007, 04:27 PM
I do have Vista....

I right click on the turbolink file, hit properities.... But cant find anything that says XP. I do see run in administrator.

thanks
paul

kenmosher
08-31-2007, 09:32 AM
It's in the same place as the Run as Administrator option...

87GNNH
09-03-2007, 10:09 AM
it wont let me select Runs as administrator... its a shaded box...

Now, when i double click the file... a box pops up saying:
Turbolink can not start due to unexpected errors.

Oh boy, i'm not likeing this new Windows.

what next?

thanks
paul

kenmosher
09-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Huh? Don't know why it won't let you choose the administrator mode ... make sure you run the installer in administrator mode (so it properly registers the controls). You should also be able to right click on the actual EXE file (not the shortcut) in the TurboLink directory and do a "Run in administrator mode" to launch the file. The properties tabs will just make it "permanent" ...

There should also be "run in XP compatibility mode" option by right clicking on the EXE, choose PROPERTIES, choose the "Compatibility" tab, and there's a "Privileges" section where you should have the option to "Run as administrator".

I'm also not all that impressed with Vista ... lots of system resources needed and really no benefits that I can see (except more incompatibilities/hassles running stuff)...