PDA

View Full Version : Power logger com port error

akeramidis
08-31-2007, 01:54 AM
I hooked up a power logger scan tool finally tonight. Put it on the ecm, plugged it into my computer through the usb port, and installed the software. Everything seemed okay, but when I start the car and try to "monitor", I get a window pop up that says "com port error". Why? I was paranoid about cleaning the gummy stuff off the connector, but did I maybe not clean it enough?

NOTACARLO
08-31-2007, 08:24 AM
When you did the driver install, did it designate a comp port? Mine defaulted to com port 6. I went to the set up page for PL and changed it to 6, hit monitor and I was up and running.

What OS are you using and did you install the drivers for that OS?

I am actually using Vista with PL in XP compatibility mode with no issues. I have read that PL does not work with Vista - not the case here!

akeramidis
08-31-2007, 06:39 PM
It didn't specify a com port, however in the config page of PL the com port is set for com port 1. Thanks for the idea, I'll change ports on that page and see if anything happens.

PaCemkr86
08-31-2007, 09:10 PM
mine didnt work till i got it com 5

Fast_t_type
09-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Mine is on 4. You can check the com port by going to control panel, then system, then click harware, devise manager, then push the + on Universal Serial Bus controolers and looking under there when its pluged in and turned on it sould say what com port it is. I'm just trying to remeber how I found mine. I don't have mine plugged un right now so this is just a guess. But its how I think I found mine. Unless my mem is failing :idea:
Let me know if this is right or if i missed something
Paul

IL KIM
09-02-2007, 10:31 AM
I'm on port 4. Funny.

kna4977
09-03-2007, 03:42 PM
I went under the F3 config and download tab of the PLC. The first thing on the left side is Select COM Port. I left the LSB cable plugged in and went through each COM Port 1,2,3,4......and repeatedly hit F8 with each change until it connected. I ended up on COM Port 4 as well.

akeramidis
09-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Found it. I'm on comport 4 as well. Having other problems now though. Not logging anything but flatline and getting trouble code errors. Is this for another thread?

Keller
09-04-2007, 12:40 AM
I'd recommend it. One disaster per thread. :winkgrin: