PDA

View Full Version : As requested new kenne bell headers coming out 699 from...

Noahzark
09-01-2007, 05:32 PM
...i am told these new kenne bell headers will be available in six weeks for 699 in full stainless steel models...from Gn1 Performance...from archie ...great guy ...great products to date has been my experience...here are some pics let me know what you think as i dont know what kb headers look like...thanks noah.

Noahzark
09-01-2007, 05:33 PM
here is some more...

PaCemkr86
09-01-2007, 09:03 PM
wow.. lots of choices for headers these days.. any pics with them installed in a car yet?

PaCemkr86
09-01-2007, 09:03 PM
they look nice

Noahzark
09-01-2007, 11:22 PM
that is all the pics i have found although on that other buick site someone put up a full face shot of the headers but not installed and confirmed they are the kenne bell header style...from what ive heard these are supposed to be an excellent performing header...i hope so cuz 1000 is too much for me and 250 is too cheap and problematic but at around 6-7 i think i can swing that.

PaCemkr86
09-02-2007, 12:40 AM
the ones from
www.gnpartsonline.com fit fine and there are no problems..

these KB style headers, looks like gn1performance is selling them

Keller
09-02-2007, 12:41 AM
http://www.kennebell.net/pricelist/pricelist.htm

Are they really involved? Having dealt with them in the past, I'm not sure you want to deal with Kenne Bell...

From GN1's site. They just say "KB", and not Kenne Bell. http://www.gn1performance.com/products/headers.php

PaCemkr86
09-02-2007, 12:47 AM
they are Kenne Bell copies... just like all the china headers around right now..

these from GN1performance just seem to come with better clamps and gaskets...

and seem to cost more then the others

Keller
09-02-2007, 12:50 AM
Most of the old Kenne Bell headers were either Hookers are ones like them. These don't appear to be.

I think Kenne Bell is mostly supercharging Mustangs and Chevys now.

PaCemkr86
09-02-2007, 12:53 AM
well to be honest.. i have never seen Ken Bell headers in person... but these really look alot more like the ATR headers the more i look at them..

Noahzark
09-02-2007, 08:27 AM
...what i have read is that atr copied kb or kb copied atr...but either way the kenne bell ones had slight differences to them and most who have had them say there is also a slight flow advantage to the kenne bell ones...they dont look like the china ones to me at all ...looks like more than just clamps separating them from the china ones even by design and fitment...otherwise i cant see justifying charging seven bills for the exact same ones that are selling for 250-300?...im thinking but could be wrong that these headers are a bit closer in class and performance to the ta headers and if thats the case then they are a deal...so one way they could be a rip off and the other they could be a deal...right now im leaning towards the latter simply because the fmic and downpipe i purchased from gn1 were both of excellent quality and the fitment was exact with no problems...i could be all wrong and i guess proof will be forthcoming...noah.

Noahzark
09-02-2007, 08:31 AM
...and here is the story i have been told...kenne bell i wouldnt say is directly involved in these headers ...but a friend was given the jig/s that made the original headers which are the ones now being produced.

IL KIM
09-02-2007, 10:26 AM
They are nothing like the Kenne Bell headers I have. Also, the up-pipe to the turbo, after the crossover, is routed differently. Here's a pic from the rear (with interference to my G-Body Downpipe).

Keller
09-02-2007, 11:24 AM
They are nothing like the Kenne Bell headers I have. Also, the up-pipe to the turbo, after the crossover, is routed differently.
Ala Hooker or Hooker-style. Two standard headers mated to a crossover that turns it into a 'turbo setup'.

Royal-T
09-02-2007, 02:08 PM
Actual KenneBell Header photo....more like the ATR design... and YES. i think they preceded ATR

kenmosher
09-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Actually, I believe the ATR's were first and then KBs came out ... (way back in the day, I helped do the layout for the newsletter for ATR and remember their announcement)...

R.Merritt
09-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Not sure why there is such a demand for headers. 10.0 and slower, headers are pretty much useless......Kinda like FAST.

Suppose they're good for cosmetic/bling factor.......For people who don't have a clue......

IL KIM
09-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Ala Hooker or Hooker-style. Two standard headers mated to a crossover that turns it into a 'turbo setup'.
Ah! I see.
Not sure why there is such a demand for headers. 10.0 and slower, headers are pretty much useless......Kinda like FAST.

Suppose they're good for cosmetic/bling factor.......For people who don't have a clue......
That was me when I got them, but since I have 'em...

agteacher
09-03-2007, 11:16 AM

20 year old parts..........only "so-many-times" you can weld/repair stock headers. Why no replace with better/newer technology??? :dunno:

R.Merritt
09-03-2007, 11:30 AM

20 year old parts..........only "so-many-times" you can weld/repair stock headers. Why no replace with better/newer technology??? :dunno:

Do it once, do it right, and don't look back.......Stock headers work fine. I've seen a few sets of the "cheap" headers and I wasn't impressed.

IL KIM
09-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Do it once, do it right, and don't look back.......Stock headers work fine.

Say what? :dunno:

R.Merritt
09-04-2007, 05:38 AM
Weld the ds header correctly the first time, and you shouldn't have much trouble thereafter. Is that better?

Say what? :dunno: