PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Chip?

ajt86
12-16-2004, 12:20 AM
Hey guys- Im new to the turbo G body world- has anyone tried the ultrachip from poston buick with 7 power settings? Ive seen somthing like this on a deisle, dont know if it works on the turbo regals.

Turbo2nr
12-16-2004, 07:07 AM
It does what it was designed to do, run low boost. If you want to crank it up, you need to get a custom chip that will add fuel after the MAF has reached its limit, which is around 19-20psi. If you want to keep it safe and simple, this is a good chip system to play around with, but you can get better chips. That will require a good understanding of whats going on in the car, and a scan tool at minimum.

ajt86
12-16-2004, 06:15 PM
well i just bought a lap top and i dont use it much- i was looking around at scan tools and i like the turbolink. Right now im gonna be driving the car to work and back untill the motor swap is done in my camaro- so i dont want anything too wild- but then again i like to go to friday nights and race at the track- what kind of chip would you recommend? thanks

Turbo2nr
12-16-2004, 08:49 PM
Call Red armstrong (Quad Air). Tell him all your car's parts, he will get you straight. I know plenty of people like turbo link, but just as many, if not more, like the Direct scan. It will give 10x more info! Way faster scan rate. In my opinion, turbo link is just as good as a scanmaster, but harder to use while driving. The scanmaster gives a decent amount of info on a dash display, so you watch numbers as you drive. Why drive around with crazy high knock, then get home to check out all your turbolink data, you needed to know that when you were knocking, not after.

Keller
12-25-2004, 02:10 PM
Ive seen somthing like this on a deisle

What's a "deisle"? Diesel?

I bought an Ultrachip from Caspers Electronics (http://www.casperselectronics.com/), which is who makes it. I had it set up blank with a removable chip. I then burned all my Red Armstrong images, a 'emissions' image, a security image, etc. into it. That way I'm noit limited by the chip burns that Caspers gives. Best of both worlds!