PDA

View Full Version : 200-4R from Turbo TA's

BASSr
09-06-2007, 04:45 AM
How close to the BRF's are the 200-4R's that came in the late 80's Turbo TA's?

Bruce

kenmosher
09-06-2007, 09:35 AM
Basically identical ...

PhillyTurboSix
09-06-2007, 11:02 PM
yea its the same thing :doh:

Keller
09-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Same transmission other then each one was hand built.
How are these types of transmissions otherwise built? :dunno:

85Monte
09-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Are the servos the same size? I always thought they were a lil bit bigger but I could definatley be wrong.

If you are thinking of swapping one of these ta trannies in Bassr I am sure it would make a great canidate. I am guessing you havent gotten those shift problems fixed yet have you? Me either, yesterday out of nowhere the tourqe converter gets stuck and wouldnt unlock.

Brian
09-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Are the servos the same size? I always thought they were a lil bit bigger but I could definatley be wrong.

If you are thinking of swapping one of these ta trannies in Bassr I am sure it would make a great canidate. I am guessing you havent gotten those shift problems fixed yet have you? Me either, yesterday out of nowhere the tourqe converter gets stuck and wouldnt unlock.

The TA and BRF are just about identical. You would have to painstakingly disect them to find the diff`s.
The servos are the same.

Brian

BASSr
09-08-2007, 06:32 AM

Saw one on eBay and it was priced reasonably, but the seller changed the minimum bid to an outrageous price so I decided to pass on it. I want to have a spare trans on the shelf in case something happens to either of the ones in my GN or T-Type.

85Monte...no, still have not gotten the "minor" shift issues resolved, but thought about what you said about putting some miles on it to help it "break" in, sO thats what I am going to do. It the shifting does not correct in a few hundred miles then I'll start disecting them! Between work travel and going on vacation, going to be a few weeks before I can get it out that much to put some miles on it plus I am still breaking in the rear axle from a rebuild!

Bruce

Grumpy
09-10-2007, 05:49 PM
The TA and BRF are just about identical. You would have to painstakingly disect them to find the diff`s.
The servos are the same.

Brian

slight differences :stir: most will never know because they are hard to come by :innocent: k back under my rock.... Damm 2 posts to my name !!! guess I havent been in here for a long time !!