PDA

View Full Version : new guy! not a gn owner yet but....

yokosgs
09-15-2007, 09:06 PM
hi this is a great site and hopefully help me with info when i get the chance to purchase my dream car GN ! im 27 and drive a modded 97.5 regal gs and hopefully will be in the 12s soon after the gen v s/c swap

but great site guys hopefully i can help with some paint and body info since thats what i do!lol and maybe i ll find my 86 or 87 buick here!

chrisgarrett
09-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Welcome. We can always use another Buick guy. :)

yokosgs
09-15-2007, 11:02 PM
THANKS! been here two hrs cant stop reading old posts!lol and i dont even own a grand national yet!lol well i learned with my gs that the best way to get your car fast iss to read as much as you can find before you own one

PaCemkr86
09-15-2007, 11:14 PM
welcome to GNttype

kenmosher
09-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Used to own a 1998 GS (Supercharged).

With a smaller pulley, K&N drop in, and a good launch I got 14.60s/14.70s out of it (without the wife knowing ... took "her" new car to the dragstrip to "watch" :innocent: )

GREAT car ... traded it in 2003 after 5 years and 100,000 miles. Had to do a water pump at about 80K miles (Dexcool crystals in the coolant, probably from air in the system from a small radiator leak).

Almost 30 mpg on the highway, yet even the wife enjoyed playing "Stop Light Grand Prix" with the ricers in it ... they were always surprised to see a leathered up, sunroof, BUICK go tooling past as they furiously rowed the gears! :party:

PaCemkr86
09-16-2007, 10:37 AM
Used to own a 1998 GS (Supercharged).

With a smaller pulley, K&N drop in, and a good launch I got 14.60s/14.70s out of it (without the wife knowing ... took "her" new car to the dragstrip to "watch" :innocent: )

GREAT car ... traded it in 2003 after 5 years and 100,000 miles. Had to do a water pump at about 80K miles (Dexcool crystals in the coolant, probably from air in the system from a small radiator leak).

Almost 30 mpg on the highway, yet even the wife enjoyed playing "Stop Light Grand Prix" with the ricers in it ... they were always surprised to see a leathered up, sunroof, BUICK go tooling past as they furiously rowed the gears! :party:
hearing stories like that makes me wanna get one for the wife...

Keller
09-16-2007, 11:28 AM
I've run low 15's with my bone-stock supercharged Riviera, which is heavier. And that's staying in 2nd gear through the traps! Try that with yer "rice"...

yokosgs
09-16-2007, 05:47 PM
wow thats awesome guys yeah ive smoked many of mustangs just for then to catch me at a light like theyve just seen a ghost!lol ive got a few mods on it jmb intake, headers, 3"downpipe, catback, shift kit , 3.4 pulley, zzp tune, stage 1 t/b and hopfully this weekend my genv supercharger and my northstar t/b :woot:

at a recent show in toledo they let everyone do a burn out while leaving.. well i pull out in front of bout 4 other regals like mine ... some guy sarcaticlly yells" id like to see that thing do a burn out" well i idled away then firewalled it from a 15 mph roll and let the tires do the smoking and the supercharger do the talking!lol and freind stayed back to vid tape and a guy goes " WHAT THE F$#K IS IN THAT THING" !lol

pontiac6269
09-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Welcome aboard, I was a member about 5 years ago before I owned a Turbo Regal. Started looking for one again last year and had to register again.