PDA

View Full Version : Anyone deal w/ Red Armstrong lately?

ROAD WARRIOR
09-16-2007, 04:37 AM
I don't know what is up with this guy...I realize he has been at the Buick game for a long time, but if the way he is conductiong business with me is any indication of how he normally does business, I don't know how he is still around. I sent him a double pump fuel pump set up to be rebuilt over 2 months ago, and he still hasn't delivered the product. The last time I spoke to him [over 3 weeks ago], he said he would fix it up over Labor Day weekend, and get it back to me. I even went so far as to pay him during that conversation. Well, here we are 2 weeks later, I still don't have my pumps, and he hasn't been answering his phone. It sucks to think I'm going to have to drive over 7 hours to go visit him in person, but I'm at the end of my rope. I need my freakin' pumps...

PaCemkr86
09-16-2007, 10:39 AM
i usually go threw Cottens to get parts from Red

Royal-T
09-16-2007, 11:18 AM
i dont know if you forgot or never heard but i think his wife and partner Jane was ill or had a stroke or something and i am sure this is probably the aftermath of that whole situation. I dont know if she is better or not.

Like Phil mentioned, you can try Cottons or Mike Licht but i am sure Red just has a lot on the table right now.

ROAD WARRIOR
09-16-2007, 01:01 PM
i dont know if you forgot or never heard but i think his wife and partner Jane was ill or had a stroke or something and i am sure this is probably the aftermath of that whole situation. I dont know if she is better or not.

Like Phil mentioned, you can try Cottons or Mike Licht but i am sure Red just has a lot on the table right now.

I wasn't aware that Red had this situation, but I'm between a rock and a hard place. I'm w/o fuel pumps, winter is coming fast, and I already paid the guy. And I'm a pretty easy guy to work with...after all, this has gone on for over 2 months w/o me doing anything...
I hope his wife recovers and that he can get back on track.

6 GUN
09-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Sorry to hear about his wife, she is a very nice person and they are the most trusting (of others) and good people to deal with that I know of.

ryan87gn
09-20-2007, 12:39 PM
Keep trying. I spoke to Red about a week ago...we talked for about a 1/2 hour before he had to go take his wife to therapy.

ROAD WARRIOR
09-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Keep trying. I spoke to Red about a week ago...we talked for about a 1/2 hour before he had to go take his wife to therapy.

I called him twice last week and left messages, and wrote him a letter on Sunday. Still haven't heard anything back. I'm just about outa time with this car...it's sitting in my driveway dead, and I have contractors coming in the next weeks to do major work on my house, so the car is in the way. I need to move the car, and w/o fuel pumps that is pretty hard to do. :steam:

PaCemkr86
09-20-2007, 06:29 PM
call cottens and see if can help ya. I know Jack deals with Red on double pumpers

NOTACARLO
09-21-2007, 01:16 AM
...we talked for about a 1/2 hour before he had to go take his wife to therapy.

Get it.....There are more important things.

ROAD WARRIOR
09-21-2007, 02:59 AM
Get it.....There are more important things.

So, would it be OK to you if your car was out of comission for 2 months, and you were depending on someone to do their job and you didn't even get a phone call? Don't try wearing the other shoe. I'm married to a woman who has cancer, so I know all about the trial and tribulations of sickness. But I still have to go to work and pay my bills...

ROAD WARRIOR
10-10-2007, 10:54 PM
If anyone is interested, I got my pump set up back today. I'm glad this is a done deal... :tup:

PaCemkr86
10-10-2007, 11:08 PM
thanks for the headsup

ROAD WARRIOR
10-11-2007, 01:45 AM
thanks for the headsup

No prob, brudder! :werd: