PDA

View Full Version : somethings funny (dash not original)

TobyU
09-18-2007, 03:58 AM
I have an 87 GN. A frind of mine bought an 87 a few weeks ago. It all looks original, but it has had some performance mods.
The exhaust was cut off right before the cat when he bought it, it has bigger injectors ( blue tops I think), chrome MAF pipe to K/N cone filter.
I noticed somethig that might be fishy...
The dash is the analog standard GN one but it has P R N D 2 1 printed in the center of it. Mine doesn't have this. Since the GN, ( aren't all Turbo Regals) console shift, with the gear names on the left side, why would this be on the dash too?
The tach and boost gauge are there and it looks like the slots are cut from the same piece of metal.
Has anyone ever heard of this???
The piece of metal it is made of is about an inch tall by the length of the dash cluster.
Was there ever a turbo car with the tach and boost gauges that had a COLUMN shifter?
I'm stumped.

kenmosher
09-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Yes ... the column shift 87 Regals/Limiteds with the turbo drivetrain.

turbofish38
09-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Thats normal if its a column shifted TR. If it's floor shifted than that cluster either came out of a turbo Regal or Turbo Riviera. Maybe somebody just replaced the gas gauge with the wrong part?

Exhaust cut off before the cat? Thats what the boneyards do when they sell a car. I've bought a few like that over the years just to part out.