PDA

View Full Version : MAF translator question

dfirefighter
09-24-2007, 04:37 PM
I was wondering what I all need to do to upgrade to lt1/translator. can I just put it on. Do I need a special chip/inj./turbo, or what ever to make this work?

NOTACARLO
09-24-2007, 04:57 PM
You will need a filter that fits over the MAF, and possibly the MAF pipe. You don't want a bottleneck in the system.

If you do the 3.5" MAF, use a filter with a 3.5" base and a MAF pipe with a 3.5" id. Or go with the 3" MAF and I think you can get away with the stock stuff.

Otherwise, it's just the translator and MAf that you will need and be ready to go.

ed39
09-29-2007, 12:22 AM
dont forget the chipp too. if your using a chip make sure its burned for a translator. i tried that using a chip not burned for a translator and threw everything off fuel trim long and short term was way off and it ran rich.. make sure your chip is burned specifically for your application

Keller
09-29-2007, 12:46 AM
If you don't fine tune the Translator to your app, I can understand the car being off. But it should not be so wacky just due to the Translator if properly tuned.

Added a Translator to a car that only has a cold air system and a adjustable regulator. That's it. Still has the stock chip! Drove the car today, and the BLM and INT numbers are right where they should be: high 120's to low 130's depending on the conditions. Not to mention a glass-smooth idle. This guy is waiting for the cash to upgrade his turbo, etc. before he makes more moves. However, "009" injectors are going in right now, so the chip will be changed.

dfirefighter
09-29-2007, 10:16 AM
If you don't fine tune the Translator to your app, I can understand the car being off. But it should not be so wacky just due to the Translator if properly tuned.

Added a Translator to a car that only has a cold air system and a adjustable regulator. That's it. Still has the stock chip! Drove the car today, and the BLM and INT numbers are right where they should be: high 120's to low 130's depending on the conditions. Not to mention a glass-smooth idle. This guy is waiting for the cash to upgrade his turbo, etc. before he makes more moves. However, "009" injectors are going in right now, so the chip will be changed.

so just to review. a ls1/lt1 maf sensor and translator can be put on any setup. No chip needs to be programmed for them to putem on.

sound right?

Keller
09-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Sounds correct to me.

The Translator has a few "fine adjustment" knobs that may need to be 'tweaked' internally. Once that's done, you should be good.

PaCemkr86
09-29-2007, 05:55 PM
yes.. you can use the LS1,LT1, Z06 MAf and translator or translator plus on a stock chip and works just fine