PDA

View Full Version : 87 Gn

meanchicken
10-03-2007, 02:18 AM
New here and new to GN's. I've always liked these cars and always wanted one, but my money pits are always first gen Camaro's. Current one is a 68SS with a ZZ502, 5-speed and other go fast goodies.

Anyway...I have an opportunity to buy an 87 GN from the 2nd owner. He knows the 1st owner so heritage is fully traceable. It's all original and the only upgrade is it was "chipped" a few years back for another 30HP over stock, but the guy does not have any details on what the actual chip upgrade was. Otherwise it's totally stock.

It has 98K California miles on it and has been pampered.
He recently replaced the heater core, radiator, headliner and added a K&N air filter.

Needs tires, brakes, hood struts, front seat covers, carpet (driver side is worn), shocks are due, and the turbo has never been rebuilt, but still seems strong (no strange noises). Engine is also strong (no strange noises...oil changed every 3-6K) and needs valve cover gaskets.

Paint is in good shape but needs a rub down. No rust (I checked the bottoms of the doors and the underside of the trunk lid). Windows are tight in the runners. The only body damage is in the passneger door forward of the mirror. He was backing out of the garage and the mirror got stuck on the door opening as he backed out so it dented the door...minor and repairable.

The trans is solid and has been serviced every 20K. It's due for another service.

The wheels are OEM and could use some TLC.

I drove it and it rides nice, pulls strong....it'll become my driver and I'll be selling my 97 Grand Prix GTP.

If the first guy in line does not come through...He's selling it to me for $6K this Friday.

Good deal?

Tim

Keller
10-03-2007, 03:16 AM
If its straight and original, it sounds like a fair deal. Its hard to fine ones that aren't heavily "molested" anymore.

meanchicken
10-03-2007, 05:02 PM
If its straight and original, it sounds like a fair deal. Its hard to fine ones that aren't heavily "molested" anymore.

Thanks for the sanity check, Scott. Now it's just up to the calender....come Friday if the other buyer falls through, I'm dropping 6K on this GN.

It's very straight and definitely unmolested. It'll stay that way if I own it...my 68 Camaro is my sweeper.

Is there a way for me to send you some pix offline?

Send me an e-mail at tpidcock@pwav.com

Tim

Keller
10-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Sent you a message.