PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Here

Killa-B
10-18-2007, 09:38 PM
Hello everyone,
Im new to the forum. I have an 85 regal "non turbo" but I plan on changing that. my first question is "whats parts if any are interchangeable?" Its carburated right now and i will be going efi. I got the car from a friend in a trade. I heva not tried to start the car since i was told it has a bottom end knock, possibly a spun bearing. Any way just looking for some pointers. Any help any tips on sourcing parts and so forth would be a great help.
thanks

Keller
10-18-2007, 09:49 PM
http://www.gnttype.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3468

kingots2004
10-18-2007, 10:34 PM
hey killa i dont know how much knowledge you have but if your gonna copy a turbo regal it will be hard to do .if your going to get a turbo regal motor from some where and use an after market fuel setup and turbo and get ya a header and down pipe kit for the v6.it wouldnt be any harder than makin any non turbo car a turbo car.thats easy the killer will be makin all the stuff work.if ya try to make a regal or gn copy it will be hard if you build a turbo racecar with a v6 out of a gn it will be easier.

Killa-B
10-20-2007, 12:23 PM
I do know it will be alot of work, but im up to the challenge and im not really in any rush. Im not really looking to "clone" a T Type. I do realize i will probably have to start from scratch.

PaCemkr86
10-20-2007, 12:27 PM
start looking for a parts car