PDA

View Full Version : weird brakes

Carnag3
10-20-2007, 08:16 AM
I have an 87gn with the powermaster system. lately the brakes have started acting weird. the brake pedal is moving slow in the beginning, while depressing it, which results in "brake lag". the relé on the E-H pump is switching off and on constantly. while depressing the pedal the relé starts working even faster. I think the pump relé is bad, or can this have something to do with the accumulator? any thoughts? I'm not a powermaster expert

Keller
10-24-2007, 01:57 PM
I believe you were trying to say 'relay'.

Have you checked any of the diagnostic trees? See http://www.gnttype.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9519

zeus87gn
10-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Mr. Keller is correct.
You need to run your diagnostics to help determine what your problem is.

Most likely culprit is the accumulator. Blown diaphragm. Clicking motors are a sign.
Momentary hard pedal is a sign of a dying accumulator.

Time that PowerMaster to be sure.

Carnag3
11-03-2007, 09:00 PM
thanks. I go to military school, 350 miles from my gn. Not home that often, but I'll run the check the next time I'm home. I noticed the symptoms the last time I drove it. btw; sorry, keller. relay. I'm norwegian

Keller
11-03-2007, 11:14 PM
btw; sorry, keller. relay. I'm norwegian
My apologies as well. We have TR owners from many countries here, and need to be sure to appreciate and understand all our differences. Not to mention challenges!