PDA

View Full Version : devils own alky kit

kingots2004
10-30-2007, 02:31 AM
got me a devils own kit at noble i hope to install it tommorrow.kit is really nice only bad thing is plastic lines but ill upgrade them when i get a chance.hope to post pics soon

Grumpy
10-30-2007, 05:11 AM
be careful with those lines .. it can get "ugly" very quick :yesnod:

kingots2004
10-30-2007, 11:21 PM
yeah i can see a fire bein really easy with those lines

DevilsOwn
11-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Just use common sense with running the lines. Between us and the other main alky company's there is at least 20,000 kits a year sold with nylon lines. Thats honesty a no b.s. number, counting snow, coolingmist, and DevilsOwn. The 2 main company's that sell to buicks both only sell with braided lines and thats what most buick guys are use to but its honesty a small fraction of people running alky injection. SS lines are nicer but not necessary for most apps. SS lines eliminate resist abrasion and have a temp rating of 500 degs. These systems only get up to 200 psi so the 1200psi burst pressure of nylon is way within limits.

The biggest reason DevilsOwn does not sell ss lines is finding them without brass. Brass is not compatible with methanol. But people use it. I know most sites list it as an A compatibility, but it leaves a white powder thru the lines but does not corrode the brass so its still keeps an A rating. This white powder leads to clogged nozzles so we stay away from the uncoated brass as much as possible. ss lines can be bough with ss ends but the ends run about twice the amount.

PaCemkr86
11-01-2007, 04:37 PM
im running the devils own kit with the plastic lines on the 87 limited for over 2 years.. no leaks works fine..

kingots2004
11-01-2007, 11:00 PM
yea i think its fine with the nylon lines .just that braided lines with the stainless ends would be top notch . definitely not downing the kit.it was very easy to install and looks nice ill try to post pics tommorrow

PaCemkr86
03-05-2008, 01:08 AM
well hows the kit working out for you Chris?

Fast_t_type
03-06-2008, 02:44 PM
I have the same kit. I have no prob with the lines that came with it. I really like the set up. I'm thinking of putting duel nozzles on now. I started with the size 7 nozzle. It made a big diff. Now I can just go to the pump to buy fuel instead of spending money on race gas and you can buy methanol at most industrial oil supple stores.

PaCemkr86
03-06-2008, 07:48 PM
I have the same kit. I have no prob with the lines that came with it. I really like the set up. I'm thinking of putting duel nozzles on now. I started with the size 7 nozzle. It made a big diff. Now I can just go to the pump to buy fuel instead of spending money on race gas and you can buy methanol at most industrial oil supple stores.
can we see some installed pics ?? do you ever post on the devils own site?