PDA

View Full Version : Code 42 X2

hounddogs!
11-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Got to around 15psi and threw code 42, EST monitor error. The car did not stall. I noticed that the knock count reset to zero; should I suspect the ECM itself? The ECM has been out recently, so I'm confident that all chips and plugs are well-seated.

After sitting for 2 hours, I drove again and repeated the code under similar conditions. DS wasn't running, so I don't know about KC resetting again. Cycled the carr off/on on the side of the road and the yellow light of horror went away.

Where do the bypass, EST, and ECM ground wires land, so that I can check those connections?

TIA

1) BYPASS line is open or grounded
2) EST line is open or grounded
3) PROM or CALPACK not seated properly in the ECM
4) Poor connections between ignition module and ECM
5) Poor routing of EST harness and/or poor quality ignition wires (EMI induced electrical noise)
6) Faulty or incorrect ignition module
7) Faulty ECM

PaCemkr86
11-03-2007, 03:48 PM
do you have a translator plus on this vechile??

hounddogs!
11-03-2007, 05:16 PM
Yep. Trans Plus 4.0.

Switches 1-3 are on, 4 is off.
MAF: Base=0, WOT=0
Spark: Base=0, WOT=9; .5-.4 retarded

PaCemkr86
11-03-2007, 05:30 PM
bypass the wiring that goes to your ig. module.. should fix your problem.. the trans plus will still work fine..

hounddogs!
11-03-2007, 11:02 PM
pvt msg sent.

PaCemkr86
11-03-2007, 11:03 PM
replied...

PaCemkr86
11-03-2007, 11:14 PM
the 2 wires coming from your trans + box that are spliced into your igntion module.. unhook those, and splice your factory harness back together.. and 2 wires to went to the trans+ box..

just roll em up and tape em.. They are no longer needed, Your MAf harness and knobs will still function properly

the timming control knob function in the translator+ does NOT work with a TT chip.. after you do this mod your SES light wont come back on, and you can make the timming adjustment " if needed" in your TT chip with the instuctions that are provided with his chip.