PDA

View Full Version : roller rockers

akeramidis
02-26-2008, 02:16 AM
I've been reading, and have decided that when I pull the engine from my 87 GN I want to add roller rockers. What brand do I want and what ratio? I'm thinking about spending the money to get champion heads, too. Not sure if that matters.

chrisgarrett
02-26-2008, 08:02 AM
I have the T&D 1.65 roller rockers. Did a lot of research, and they seemed to be the most favored. I definately recommend the Champion heads. If you stay with the stock heads, you will need to grind down the rocker pedestals to get the roller rockers to fit. Champion does this on all of their heads.

R.Merritt
02-26-2008, 08:45 AM
The T&D rockers are the top choice IMHO. Hardland Sharps are nice also but that last set I got the rockers were installed on the shafts backwards. The bolts didn't line up. No big deal as you just popoff the c clip and turn em around.

Pedastals all get machined on our heads as well. Def standard procedure on any worked cylinder head.

PaCemkr86
02-26-2008, 10:20 AM
are you wanting alum or iron cylinder heads ?

R Merritt does excellent work on cylinder heads and intakes, has flow bench etc..

PS im also running the T&D roller rockers 1.65 ratio

akeramidis
02-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Probably just iron heads. I've read a little about heads also and I've gathered that aluminum might not be worth the extra $. What are your thoughts on them? I'm open, money not too big of an object if it's worth it. Phil, are you suggesting that I should talk with R Merritt about my stock heads getting ported? Again, I'm open minded...

PaCemkr86
02-27-2008, 10:36 AM
yes.. talk to R Merritt, his ported heads on are some 9 and low 10 sec real street driven turbo buicks..