PDA

View Full Version : cruise control/turn signal

dfirefighter
03-02-2008, 04:55 PM
anyone have a good way to install acruise control/turn signal lever? It doesnt look easy with the long wire. any help is appreciated!

Ts86ttype
03-02-2008, 09:04 PM
What steering colume do you have? Tilt or straight.

Keller
03-02-2008, 11:07 PM
http://www.gnttype.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4237

dfirefighter
03-03-2008, 10:31 AM
What steering colume do you have? Tilt or straight.
I have a tilt. I tried all the wire feeding(2.5 hours) :furious:
the end connector gets stuck on something in middle of steering colume. so i tried taping the new connector to the old wire and go through from the top. and it barely made it past the lever base.

I tried just about everthing I could think off. It is just not getting through either direction.

anyone else have this problem? any other thoughts? :dunno:

Ts86ttype
03-03-2008, 08:53 PM
Sometimes you have to tilt your wheel up or down as you pull the wiring through. I also twist as I go to get it past the bad spots. Sometimes I put the turnsignal in the right turn postion to get the wiring through. Take a deep breath and go slow it will feed down the inside of the column.

dfirefighter
03-07-2008, 01:45 AM
Sometimes you have to tilt your wheel up or down as you pull the wiring through. I also twist as I go to get it past the bad spots. Sometimes I put the turnsignal in the right turn postion to get the wiring through. Take a deep breath and go slow it will feed down the inside of the column.

That did it! moving steering wheel up/down, made it go right through with no problem! thanks for the help :tup: