PDA

View Full Version : Next step

Fast_t_type
04-05-2008, 12:11 AM
What the next step up from a stock block?? stage 1 ?? what the dif in them. Some asked me and I have no idea but now I want to know.
Thanks. Paul

Keller
04-05-2008, 01:16 AM
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/pictureguides/blocks/blockguide.html

Fast_t_type
04-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks Keller for info. I read the info now my next question is do any stock parts fit on a stage block?? How much more HP can you make on a stage block?? Is it a lot more than a stock block??
Thanks for the info
Paul

Keller
04-06-2008, 11:53 AM
You can make a LOT more power with Stage II blocks, not much more with Stage I blocks (especially now that block girdles have come about). How much more? (turbo) Stage II cars have gone well into the 7's. Granted, the cars are a bit lighter, but the HP is a fair bit into the four-figure territory.

Stage I motors are not that different than a stock motor. With a Stage II motor, not many stock pieces at all can be used from a production motor. Since its dimensions differ a bit and it can be (and often is) bored and stroked for more displacement (i.e. 274 cu. in.), plus uses "Chevy" style pedestal rockers and "six-bolt" heads...very little. Almost nothing.

Of course, a Dart or TFX racing block for the Chevy guys doesn't share anything with their production counterparts, either. The most amusing are the Toyota-bodied funny cars that have NO parts of Toyota heritage in them...they are just rebodied!

Fast_t_type
04-07-2008, 12:35 AM
thanks for all the help. Its kinda what I thought but if I don't know I ask. Don't like to mislead. After I thought about these motors I was kinda hoping you could build a killer stage motor that did look stock but hey I guess you can't have it your way always.
Thanks again Paul

To the Toyota funny car. didn't they in the beginning for which I think was 2 seasons ago have a all Toyota set up the blow up at the hit of the throttle and had to drop out about 5 races in LOL