PDA

View Full Version : propane?? anyone done this?

413turbo
04-13-2008, 08:55 PM
i've seen duel fuel propane/gas on some trucks. i was told it is cleaner, has anyone done this to a turbo regal and if so why?

PaCemkr86
04-13-2008, 09:08 PM
yes many have tried it , but found that an alky kit works much better

413turbo
04-14-2008, 01:15 AM
ok phil, looks like you have 2 alky jets on your car, i read up on it a little. colder air = more boost/ makes sense. the reason i was asking about propane though, is because where i live we have "hov" lanes- they are good for car pools and alternate fuel vehicles. i don't know if putting a propane tank in the trunk would let me ride in them- or if they mean electric vehicles.

i remember win water injection came out in back in the day.

i gues it needs to be a new thread, but i'd like to see the differences of added injection systems.

Keller
04-14-2008, 02:38 AM
There was a "Pro-Pain" propane injection system that was developed by Jay Carter for these cars. It was not a fuel system.

I imagine you could create a propane or CNG/LNG fuel system, but it might be a bit of work. I think doing an E85 system might be less work, but still quite a bit. (stainless fuel tank, new lines/rail/injector/pump/etc.)

Note that the US EPA did research this with 5 '87 TR's. These cars were sold not that long ago at public auction with all or most of the gear intact.