PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injectors

Fast_t_type
05-07-2008, 02:42 PM
I want to get a new set of fuel injectors for my 86 T. I was wondering where are some places I could find injectors to buy. I have been laid off for 2 mouthes now so every dollar I can save would be great. I have 42.5 right now but they have gave me a headache since I put them in. They run way to rich and I have had it with setting my trans Pro to compensate for them so I'll just buy now ones. Well I have some knock once and a while so bigger is in the near future any ways LOL. I was thinking the 60# ones. I only know one place to get them so I was wondering if any one know where I can get these for a good price??
Thanks
Paul

kenmosher
05-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Full Throttle, Racetronix, TurboTweak ... to name a few places to buy 60#'ers

Keller
05-07-2008, 10:30 PM
I have 42.5 right now but they have gave me a headache since I put them in. They run way to rich and I have had it with setting my trans Pro to compensate for them so I'll just buy now ones.
Are they the Ford Lightning (green top) ones or Lucas/Delphi (blue band or green ring) ones? Perhaps the chip is not matched to the injector type. Not all "42.5 Lb." injectors are the same.

You must have a pretty big turbo to need more injector than those.

T-TopFlyer
05-07-2008, 11:38 PM
Not sure what you're looking to spend, but TurboTweak has a matched chip & 60 lb injector combo package for ~$400 that would likely meet or exceed your needs. www.turbotweakstore.com Works really well :cool:

Fast_t_type
05-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Ya Keller I think I have the wrong chip. I brought them from a friend and they gave me a headache ever since. But he said when they where in his car he had no problem with them so I don't know. I'll just buy new ones. I need bigger any ways so its a good time to get rid of the headache LOL. Thanks to all for the input it will make it easer to get a deal with different place to compare prices from.
Paul

larrym
05-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Trying a new chip would cost you less the 6 injectors........
I have 2 old Kenne Bell chips 1 for pump gas 1 for race gas.
I went with a turbo tweak chip its adjustable and my car has never idled so good.

Fast_t_type
05-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Keller they should have a ring no matter what?? I wonder if I can get a pic of them without having to take them out. I'll try to get this and then maybe we can figure this one out so I can sell them and buy my new ones LOL
Paul

kenmosher
05-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Take a look here as well ...

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/pictureguides/injectors/injectors.html

Fast_t_type
05-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Well I have no idea why may injectors run so rich. I took a pick and it looks the same as the pic in the link for 009's but the numbers are different. Mine say 03181AA. The ones in the pic on here say 03181A5. Does this mean that there the not 009's? I would upload a pic but it wont let me.
Paul

kenmosher
05-20-2008, 10:55 AM
That number also crosses to 42.5# injectors ..

Fast_t_type
05-20-2008, 11:03 AM
So there not 009's??
Paul

kenmosher
05-20-2008, 11:13 AM
It looks like they are a version of them ... I'd check with Eric Marshall of TurboTweak and see if he can confirm (and has a chip with the right cal for them).

Fast_t_type
05-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Thanks Ken I posted on Turbo Tweak and Eric said that they where in fact 009's and they should run fine with any chip for 009's. I have heard of other people having the same problem with these injectors running rich for them also. They switched to the 60# ones and never looked back so I think thats the way to for me also. I just wanted to make sure they where 009's before I sell them.
Paul