PDA

View Full Version : GS Nationals - Who is going?

Keller
05-08-2008, 12:53 PM
...and if you are going, when will you be showing up and where are you staying?

Tuesday afternoon for me. Hampton.

413turbo
05-08-2008, 01:12 PM
i'll be there sometime tuesday. staying at motel 6, and i'm still looking for someone to share the cost of the room with me- have it for the entire event.

Keller
05-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Have you been before?

413turbo
05-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Have you been before?
nope, this'll be my first time :shiny:

Mark Johnson
05-08-2008, 09:23 PM
First time. Staying at Beech Bend Camp Grounds (in our motor home). Planning to arrive Wednesday.

BTW I've added an '85 GN to my collection, so now I have a Hot '85 and a Cold '87.http://www.gnttype.org/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=44327#

ryan87gn
05-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Yes, first time to any type of major racing event, can't wait! Staying at the Days Inn. Leaving very early Wed, planning on arriving noon'ish.

Fast_t_type
05-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Well it looks like I won't be there again this year. Was all set. Had my week booked off work and bamb no job again. I have been out of work since March 4th from the American Axle strike. One of these years I'll make it. I hope you guys have good weather and have a good time
Paul :nope:

Survivor87
05-13-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm out as well...Too much to do to the car and too little time. Just got it back from a two month stay at the paint shop. Hope the weather holds and you guys have a good , safe event.

PhillyTurboSix
05-13-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm out as well. I was planing on going but my GN is still in the body shop being wet sanded. Next year for sure. That's if gas is'nt $15 bucks a gallon by then! :shock:

Keller
05-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Wednesday morning, and it looks like rain all or most of the day. Rain predicted through Friday morning, actually.

Bring an umbrella if you are coming. Or a rowboat! :stooges:

Keller
05-15-2008, 11:18 AM
On Wed the track started running cars at 3pm and shut down just before 7pm.

Its raining lightly Thursday morning. May continue most of the day. We'll see how this one pans out.

Survivor87
05-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Well......how did it go? Give us some details. Saw the video on youtube of the 6.98 door slammer. Did your new combo start showing some results?

Keller
05-20-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm embarrassed to say I wasn't aware of the run in the 6's. I knew he hit the 7.0's, but hadn't seen the high 6 run.

The fire in the pits on one of the other 7 or 8 second cars was pretty dramatic as well. Never heard if that one made it back to competition.

I had some leaks at the header-turbo connection and spent a good part of the day on Thursday pulling the turbo, changing the gasket, and reinstalling it. In addition, the PC I was using for data collection never worked correctly. That ended up being due to internal parallel port settings on the laptop; my own fault. Hadn't used that laptop before for the car. Using EGT, boost, and O2 numbers from TurboLink, I was able to tune it safely to 11.81. Ended up being put out in the 1st round by someone who cut a .019 light and clearly had dialed far above their true capabilities.

The attendance was clearly down from past years. Wednesday it was pretty lonely at the track. Once they actually got running, you could pretty much pull up to the line at just about any time. Granted, the track was only open from 3pm to 6:45pm due to weather.

I understand the track was never open on Thursday. I was wrenching back at the hotel most of the day with my friend Bill on Thursday.

By Friday and Saturday, attendance picked up. But still appeared to be down from years past. Far down from the 25th anniversary event, of course.

Many unique cars in the show. Hopefully someone took more pics and video than I did. Maybe not the largest year, but still a good one.

Keller
05-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Saw the video on youtube of the 6.98 door slammer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwqJOcRjM_4

Survivor87
05-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the report. Still wish I could have made it out there. Hopefully I'll be in "Ready" mode for next year.