PDA

View Full Version : An Idea; Decrease your "Hot Air Tuning Curve"

Jerryl
05-26-2008, 12:39 PM
The problem(s)
Most of the HA folks understand how finicky these cars are in the tuning area. :steam:
Let's say the car is “tuned”, you turn the alky knob (up or down), and you now need to re-tune? Or,
You fill up with race gas and now need a lower AFR target, and you burn your race gas just to get the tune close to the desired AFR? :steam:
So you start the re-tuning process.
You watch your WB or NB and pull/add fuel to the chip, or change the FP at the regulator. A very cumbersome and time consuming process, and frustrating at times! (Agreed so far?)

What is out there to help me cut my tuning time and associated cost down?
A Wide Band Controlled chip!
Wide Band controlled chips and aftermarket systems have been around for a while. But wait, the target market has been the IC'd cars and most want nothing to do with the HA cars!
From my observations, the prices vary from around the $450 - $1800 mark.
What we (HA Community) need is a set-up that would do the same for around the $150 mark!

The project goal; Wouldn't it be nice to have a chip where you set the target AFR, and allow the ECM to do what it does best?; Control your AFR
So, you would set your target AFR and let the ECM adjust the fueling for;
1. Changes in Alky knob setting
2. Changes in ambient air changes (Temp, Baro, etc)

Someone working on this for the HA Cars?
YES!
Can you say “Turbo Tweak”?

When will this be available?
Glad you asked.
The “Eagle has Landed” from Turbo Tweak®!
You get the ability to adjust;
1. Lock-up - Converter MPH Lock
2. AFR - Part throttle
3. AFR – 1st-2nd WOT throttle
4. AFR – 3rd – 4th WOT throttle
5. Base WOT fuel
6. Spark Timing - WOT 1-2 gears
7. Spark Timing - WOT 3-4 gears
8. WOT fueling boost level

What do I need to make it work;
1. Power logger if you do not have one (Avilable from TurboTweak)
2. A custom chip for your set-up that fits in the stock ECM

How do I tune this set-up?
EASY! You set your target AFR.
That’s it! The ECM will do what it does best; [u]Control your AFR! [u]

How does it all work?
Actually, it works EXCELLENT!
You may need to make some minor adjustments to get into the AFR window "your car likes".

What else?
A chip that plugs into a stock 87 ECM that adjusts your Part & WOT fueling to meet your AFR target for $150 specifically for a HA?
Contact Turbo Tweak in the link below, get the car tuned, and go spank someone! TurboTweak Home

As always, make sure you do not have mechanical problems and/or basic 101tuning problems.

:hyper: COOL stuff, no matter whcih way you turn it! :hyper:

brad_padgett
05-26-2008, 07:50 PM
This is the real deal. I have this setup and it works. PM, Post or ask for my phone number. Brad