PDA

View Full Version : Fuel in Oil

IL KIM
05-29-2008, 07:24 PM
So how much fuel is allowed to mix in with oil?

Not sure how to check my fp regulator for bleed down, but if I check the injectors for bleed down, does the regulator matter?

PaCemkr86
05-29-2008, 07:26 PM
is the crankcase overfull? if so, by how much

Keller
05-29-2008, 11:48 PM
Do you suspect some source of contamination?

Cylinder leak-down via the rings could also cause fuel-in-oil during compression.

IL KIM
05-31-2008, 10:48 AM
I have 7.0 % fuel mixed in from an oil analysis. Did not have prior to rebuild 2 winters ago, prior to the high z's, walbro, gapless piston rings, etc.

Could not find much info on this site. Maybe short cold idle pulling car in/out of garage and short drives effect this variable as well as injector bleed down. Wondering if regulator bleeddown also affects this. I've always had to crank the engine a little longer (1/2 sec or so) than I like to start the engine...

Oh, I do notice on the LC1 digital gauge that the A/F goes real rich (~10.5) whenever I get off the gas from light throttle, for a couple seconds before going lean. Is this common?

PaCemkr86
05-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Maybe short cold idle pulling car in/out of garage and short drives effect this ......... I think this would be a main culprit, but something def to look into.. I might even take an oil sample of mine and send it in