PDA

View Full Version : upper plenum/doghouse bolts

81 elky
06-12-2008, 07:30 PM
I misplaced (OK, lost) the 5 bolts that secure the upper plenum to the lower, and the 2 that secure the throttle bracket to it as well. I looked all over at the major parts houses, hadware stores and even the GM dealership and struck out. Can someone tell me a specific part number or a vendor that has both?

turbofish38
06-13-2008, 12:02 PM
The two rear bolts are studs that the coil pack bracket mounts to. That is all standard hardware as far as GM goes. You could probably use normal bolts unless you need the factory looking stuff. The thread size on the plenum bolts are M8X1.25 and the throttle cable bracket is M5X.8.

I usually just snag this stuff out of the boneyard. Everything but the 2 studs is the same on an 80's vintage NA 3800.

81 elky
06-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Thanks, turbocharged brunosatchel. I'll see what's available. The studs you speak of do hold the coilpack, and 2 bolts also secure the fuel rail ti the lower manifold. The ones I refer to only secure upper to lower plenums.

Overboost
06-15-2008, 03:28 PM
I made mine from an all thread to make the studs and then just simply put the nuts on top. much better in terms of holding power anyways.
hence why studs are better on heads than standard bolts, better torque readings and holding power.

81 elky
06-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Got new ones, then found the old ones in a bag marked drivers side valve cover. Go figure....

turbopowered68
05-21-2011, 07:41 AM
The two rear bolts are studs that the coil pack bracket mounts to. That is all standard hardware as far as GM goes. You could probably use normal bolts unless you need the factory looking stuff. The thread size on the plenum bolts are M8X1.25 and the throttle cable bracket is M5X.8.

I usually just snag this stuff out of the boneyard. Everything but the 2 studs is the same on an 80's vintage NA 3800.

thanks for the info