PDA

View Full Version : t type/gn stupid question

its turbo time
01-06-2005, 05:27 PM
alright so i wrecked my baby, it's an 86 buick regal t type. i thought i was about to have a heart attack and/or fall down crying when it happened but they are going to total it out because it's older, and are being really stupid about giving me the right amount of money. (btw i changed my mind and am going to get it fixed)

the insurance guy is trying to say that a regal that is just a t type and not a grand national/t type is only worth about 3500. but i was always under the impression that there is no such thing as a gn/t type because all a t type was was a gn without the black paint and interior. is he right or am i right?

**when i get a couple responses i will delete this because it has nothing to do with this board. there wasn't really a spot for it but i had to ask and didn't know where to put it.

Keller
01-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Prior to '87, a T-Type is clearly not just a Regal. Actually, to be correct, for '86 a GN is an option which includes the T-Type option. See http://www.gnttype.org/numbers/rpo.html Regardless, the T-Type is a distinct model that year of limited production.

As far as what money you are due, that will depend on mileage, condition, etc. I would refer to the NADA Cars of Particular Interest guide. See http://www.nadaguides.com/uv/viewresults.aspx?LI=1-12-1-2031-0-0-0&Lnk=1&wSec=12&wPr=1&wPg=2032 for your '86 T-Type. Keep in mind it was probably not insured as a 'special' vehicle.

(Note that this new area has been created to address such questions.)

Good luck!

its turbo time
01-07-2005, 11:41 AM
i just found some paper work that says it is a t type with the grand national package thanks alot. i'll be back once i finish the car and it should be pretty cool

Turbo2nr
01-11-2005, 07:52 AM
No Buicks in Muscle cars, Cars of special interest, collector cars, exotic cars, etc. Only regular cars, however I'm glad to see a 87GN in best shape still has a high value of $23,500. And a low of around $8500. I bought mine for $23,000 (all original, even tires). 9000miles, never been in rain or washed untill I bought it. I feel good.

its turbo time
01-12-2005, 01:40 PM
last question....where would i find the original build sheet to have some more evidence that my car is worth more than what he is saying

kenmosher
01-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Under the rear seat (have to take it out to look ... sometimes tucked up in the back cushion support) or in the driver's side door panel.