PDA

View Full Version : Replacing heated O2 Sensor with Stock Unit

Smokem
06-19-2008, 03:08 PM
Help!!!!
A while ago, I purchased a boatload of bolt-on goodies and "trusted" a highly recomended mechainic to install the goodies. Well, now I want to replace a possibly bad Heated O2 sensor but it appears that Mr Expert mechanic installed the heated unit and did away with the connector to plug the factory unit back in to. What is the correct wire to unfortunately splice into to report back to the ECU? He rigged the hot wire and just taped it in place. Should I just connect to the other wire? I think there is a HOT connection, a ground and then the wire back to the ECU. Just checking and would appreciate any info in this regard.

Thanks!

SMOKEM

Keller
06-19-2008, 03:41 PM
So you want to go back to a non-heated unit?

It would be best to use the stock female plug on the engine harness. I'd suggest cutting one off junkyard car. The wire in the stock harness is black, I believe. Just get a connector and as much wire as possible from any mid to late 80s' GM car and splice it in.

Then just get a good one wire sensor and connect it up.

turbojd
06-19-2008, 04:31 PM
When I used the heated 02 sensor years ago, I bought a "plug-n-play" harness for the heated 02 from Kirbans, there was no cutting of any wires for it. I just dis-connected the harness and returned itback to the stock 02, I still have the heated 02 harness sitting here.