PDA

View Full Version : TurboLink help

turboadict
06-30-2008, 12:36 PM
Bought Turbolink V4 for windows some time back, couldn't get it to connect to the car. I've finally got time to try and get this sorted out.

Problem is I can't get it to talk to the car. I open T-link and click connect - It tells me Turbolink has not been properly tested, do I wish to do so now? - click yes. Comes up with com 6, cable detected but no connection with ecm.

Then says cable did not pass all of the tests, unable to establish connection.

I am using a USB serial adapter - the one recomended for t-link (EasySync RS232) and the light on this flashes when t-link tests it.
However, I don't have a light on the t-link connector which connects to the ALDL port on the car. Where is this powered from, the aldl or the pc?

Any help with this would be hugely appreciated, I really need to get this up and running.

I have tried this with another GN with the same results. What am I doing wrong here?

kenmosher
06-30-2008, 05:58 PM
First, the TurboLink is powered from the USB/Serial port ...

Second, the LED only lights when data is being exchanged ...

Third, the USB serial adapters have mutated over the years, and I've found some work, some don't (and a lot of times, they are identical models, but different chipsets inside).

One that consistently works for me on the GN is the IOGear GUC232.

http://www.iogear.com/product/GUC232A/

Found it on Amazon.com for $17 ...

turboadict
06-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Hi Ken,

the serial adaptor that I have is the one listed in the FAQ section on the T-link website. The light on this flashes when being tested, but no light on the Turbo Link plug that sits in the ALDL port.

Do you think it could just be a matter of the usb adaptor not being compatable or am I doing something wrong?

I've fitted new injectors and a TT chip and am trying ti get a handle on it, I have scanmaster 2.1 but it only scratches the surface if you know what I mean.

Any suggestions welcome.

turboadict
06-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Serial adapter is an Easysync US232R-10 with FTDI chip set.

Just can't get the TurboLink connector LED to respond. Has the connector been known to fail? Any way to test it?

turboadict
07-01-2008, 10:41 AM
Well, bought a new USB serial adaptor today.......problem solved!!!

You wouldn't have thought that there would be any difference between them, and it was the expensive one that didn't work. Go figure.

Oh well, I'm happy again, at least I can get an idea whats going on.

kenmosher
07-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Isn't that the truth!

I've had more problems with the darn USB adapters with all sorts of stuff (don't even get me STARTED when it comes to Vista!) I've seen all sorts of weirdness and seems to boil down to chipset revs and component suppliers.