PDA

View Full Version : digital dash boost lights?

T-TopFlyer
07-01-2008, 09:01 PM
I replaced the bulbs for the turbo boost lights in a digital dash, but they still don't work. Neither the low or high boost light illuminates at all. Would like to get it working. Any tips would be great.

Keller
07-02-2008, 01:05 AM
Be sure the harness is connected to the switch unit on the passenger's inner fender. Make sure the switch is there, too. Its round, and mounted with the round part facing front-to-back.

turbofish38
07-03-2008, 11:01 AM
Make sure the vacuum supply hose going to that switch is good too. I'm thinking you have a bad switch though. I've owned a lot of digital dash cars and just about all of them needed a new switch sooner or later. They are discontinued from GM but venders like gbodyparts and NOS4GN carry them.

T-TopFlyer
07-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Brown connector is connected to the switch. There's a 3 prong plug off the same harness that I assume is the plug for the analog dash cars. Probably is the switch. Will go that route.

Keller
07-04-2008, 01:08 PM
You can manually short the wires to insure the wiring and lights work before purchasing the switch.

T-TopFlyer
07-04-2008, 01:12 PM
You can manually short the wires to insure the wiring and lights work before purchasing the switch.

Good thought. How do I do that? Also is there a fuse for the boost lights?

T-TopFlyer
07-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Tested the wire with a voltmeter but it didn't read anything. How should I short the circuit to see if the lights work before I buy the hobbs switch?

T-TopFlyer
07-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Connected each terminal in the brown connector to the - battery terminal and each light bulb came on.

I removed the hobbs switch and cleaned it. Loosened the adjustment screws and re-tightend them to where they were. While working on another issue vacuum related, the low boost light started working but is too sensitive. I know I will need a hand pressure pump with gauge to adjust the settings correctly, but which way do you turn the adjustment screw to reduce sensitivity?