PDA

View Full Version : LT1 and Translator

rmoulderoh
08-07-2008, 04:55 PM
I just ordered an LT1 MAF and Translator from Full Throttle. Do I have to remove the stock air filter canister and use a K&N cone filter? If so, what's the best way to anchor the assembly?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Gear hEAD
08-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Hi I put the same mass air flow and translator in my GN 87. You may have to move your carbon canister a bit, i did just to make room for the cold air system. Email me for a piture that I copied mine from. bbgfguns@comcast.net, this page will not let me attach it. With my old air cleaner I remove the top piece and left the bottom. Yes use a cone air filter like the K/N because with the new mass air flow it draws in alot more air and you will feel the difference. :drive:

Gear hEAD
09-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Hi I put the same mass air flow and translator in my GN 87. You may have to move your carbon canister a bit, i did just to make room for the cold air system. Email me for a piture that I copied mine from. bbgfguns@comcast.net, this page will not let me attach it. With my old air cleaner I remove the top piece and left the bottom. Yes use a cone air filter like the K/N because with the new mass air flow it draws in alot more air and you will feel the difference. :drive:
9c84_3[1].jpg

Keller
09-21-2008, 03:04 AM
this page will not let me attach it.
It will, and it did. :winkgrin:

rmoulderoh
09-21-2008, 03:00 PM
I went with the Big Mouth cold air kit from Turbo Regal Custom Parts (www.buickgn.com). It worked out fine. Love the sound and can feel the power.

The LT1 and MAF Translator were very easy to install--really is plug and play. I also upgraded the fuel pump to the walbro, new green strip injectors, and adjustable fuel regulator. All of these parts were the ones that were in the car when I bought it new in July 1987. It sure is fun to drive my GN again!!!