PDA

View Full Version : Boost gauge sensor?

blackbetty
08-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi fellas, The stock boost gauge just stopped working this morning. Last nite it was working now it's not, I know the stock boost gauge is not very good but can somebody point out what it could be for ex: a fuse, a sensor, and the location of it? I took it out this morning and in the afternoon the turbo seems to be still whistling and their's no smoke, the car is completely stock and the rpm gauges on top of stock boost gauge works fine. :lock:

Keller
08-10-2008, 10:06 PM
The MAP sensor that controls the stock bargraph boost gauge is on the inside of the passenger's fender in the engine compartment. The first thing I would check is the plastic hose and rubber fitting that provide it with the boost signal from the engine manifold. If they are disconnected, or have any sort of leak, the gauge may not work.

blackbetty
08-11-2008, 05:41 PM
thx for your help I'II check it out tonite

blackbetty
08-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey keller, The hose u told me to check was disconnected. So i connected the hose to the rubber fitting, she sounds alot better. But I didn't drive it to see if the boost gauge works but i tryed reving it alittle in the garage the rpm's went up but the boost gauge didn't. any suggestions?

Keller
08-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Um, yes. :ugh: Take it out and generate some boost. You can't in park.

PaCemkr86
08-13-2008, 06:40 PM
in other words the turbo wont build boost, without the engine under load.. You can try powerbraking it..

Keller
08-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Even then, you may not see much. Or, you may just take out the back of your garage. Better to just drive it for a bit.