PDA

View Full Version : 3" downpipe ?

86GNGUY
08-15-2008, 05:38 AM
After installing a 3" downpipe V/S the stock one, ( considering of course any scantool reading's) what is typically the required change in tuning? Would it be running leaner due to increased scavenging thus requiring additional fuel pressure, and would spoolup be quicker or slower due to the increased diameter of DP. My GN seems to spool a little slower initially with no other changes than the DP. Also with no other changes, will boost be higher or lower than prior to installing the 3" pipe. --86GNGUY

PaCemkr86
08-15-2008, 09:21 AM
which downpipe are you using ? did you check the puck to turbo geometry ?

86GNGUY
08-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Hello Phil:--- I am using the TA performance ( terry houston) style with integrated wastgate puck , it bollted up beautifly , i assumed they are a direct bolt up , should not the puck flapper be in the correct position? Also i installed at the same time a billet boost controller with a bleedoff orifice size of .30 thou of an inch, V/S the old controllers bleedoff orifice size of around .45 thousandths of an inch . And after a little dialing in session last night I noticed the bolts holding the actuator housing to the turbo were extremley loose causing movement of the actuator and rod, i assume to some degree( which can't be good), one of them actually fell out. I'll straighten out the bolt issue imediatley( actuator bracket) before tuning continues, thanks for the response Phil and a penny for your thoughts.---- 86GNGUY---(Steve)

PaCemkr86
08-15-2008, 11:00 AM
your welcome, keep us updated as to what you find. :drive: