PDA

View Full Version : Master Cylinder / Master Cylinder Rebuild Kit

TurboLee
08-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi Folks,

I believe I need a master cylinder or rebuild kit ('86 T-Type). I'm losing brake pressure...the pedal goes to the floor. Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks,
Lee

Keller
08-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Master cylinders may be available rebuilt via Kirban's or various parts houses. See the Brakes area for chat about this. GM discontinued the rebuild kits long ago. Karps Brake Service may have parts as well.

Note that if you check the diagnostic tree and such on the Tech pages, your issue may be something else. Please use the diagnostics before throwing parts at it. The accumulator generally fails first.

Keller
08-21-2008, 05:31 PM
http://www.gnttype.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39

BOOSTBARON
09-20-2008, 01:10 PM
YEP...MASTER CYLINDER PROBLEMS HAVE DISUADED MANY FROM THE TURBO GN'S ...WHY...$1200.00 :furious: MINIMUM FROM THE NAPSTER/NAPA STORE...HOWEVER...IT CAN BE A ONE TIME INVESTMENT IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE GN...
THEY...NAPA...PROVIDE A LIFE TIME WARRANTY :music: FOR EACH UNIT SO SAVE "YO PARTS"...OH... AND THE ORIGINAL BOX UNIT COMES IN WITH STOCK AND PART NUMBER...THAT IS IMPORTANT!
YOU MAY IF YOU HAVE A PAL THAT WORKS THERE(NAPSTER/NAPA) TO ASK FOR EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT...I DID AND GOT A NEW ONE FOR $375.00 :innocent:...FAR LESS THAN THE RETAIL PRICE AND REALLY SHOWS THE MARKUP...EVEN AT $375.00 NAPA DIDN'T LOSE $$$...:dunno:
OF COURSE YOUR BUD WILL PROBABLY REQUIRE SOME SELECT OCTANE BOOST FOR HIS SERVICES WHICH IS BEST SERVED ON THE ROCKS... A SMALL PRICE TO PAY WHICH WILL GO A LONG WAY...
HAVEN'T SEEN A REBUILD KIT...THOSE WHOM FACILITATE SAME...CAN YOU SAY..."MARKET NICHE"...
SHALOM...BOOSTBARON