PDA

View Full Version : Holes in lower intake manifold!?

hossnat
10-02-2008, 09:35 PM
This is a good one. Has anyone heard of holes in the lower intake manifold? I am replacing the water pump, and I removed the lower hose from the pump and it was eaten slap up. I dont know how it was still holding. Anyway, I wanted to fix a small leak right at the coolant rails that run along the manifold for the heater, well it wasnt the rails leaking! I have a good size hole right underneath where the rails thread together. Amazing. Anyone like to help me out? Maybe tell me where to get a really nice used one. Maybe someone has ran into this before. An 87 with 28000 miles on it. Been turnin wrenches since I got it, but its worth it to me. Maybe because it sat up for a while. Still in awesome shape, considering.

Keller
10-03-2008, 12:48 AM
Not sure I understand where the problem is. Is this where the rails thread into the intake?

I suppose a foul mix in the coolant could eat through just about anything.

Look in the TRader area of the Forums, Ebay, other sites, etc. and see if you can find one. Not sure GM stocks them anymore, and if they do they'd be a fortune.

Keller
01-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Are these the 'rails' you spoke of?

kenmosher
01-09-2009, 04:51 PM
http://www.gnttype.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11979

Looks like there's a manifold listed there in this long list of other goodies ... $200