PDA

View Full Version : Throttle body bypass mod?

hossnat
10-06-2008, 10:42 PM
One of the mods done to the car is a throttle body bypass. What is this and what does it do? Also, the crankcase vent that goes on the passenger side with the tube that goes to the intake somewhere. A kn filter was put in its place and I have the original vent tube but I cannot figure out where the vac port is. I have looked all around. I think that when you buy the filter kit you get a plug for the nipple for the original. I cannot find it for the life of me. Please help me figure this out. Thanks

Keller
10-07-2008, 12:08 AM
I assume this is an 86-87 TR...

One of the mods done to the car is a throttle body bypass. What is this and what does it do?
The coolant flow is to warm the throttle body during cold weather to prevent it freezing. As long as you don't drive during sub-zero temperatures, it is fine to plug these hoses. Or route them to not pass water at all.

Also, the crankcase vent that goes on the passenger side with the tube that goes to the intake somewhere.
The tube goes into the stock inlet bell of the turbocharger to suck oil fumes in to the motor to be burned. The cap goes over the fitting on the rear facing side of the bell. If you have an aftermarket bell or TE series (integrated bell) turbocharger, there will be nowhere to place this vent tube or cap that replaces it.