PDA

View Full Version : wheels

shark
11-30-2008, 08:28 PM
i have 275/50r15 drag radials for my turbo t. i would like to use weld draglites, but i dont know what offset, backspacing, bolt pattern to use? i think a 15x8 inch wheel would do the trick. i know the tires will fit on my stock wheels but a 7 inch rim might cause some wear problems. thank you for your help. im a new member and first time buick owner and look foward to having fun with my turbo t
mike

kenmosher
12-01-2008, 01:32 PM
8" rim with 3.75"-4" backspacing will work best without having to roll the fenderlips/remove molding. Depends on how centered your rear housing is and you may have to "tweak" the offset with some small spacers if they run on the inner frame rails.

shark
12-10-2008, 12:24 AM
thanks ken, sorry i told so long to reply. my computer was down. how do you measure to see if the rear is centered?

kenmosher
12-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Measure from the inner rim edge to the frame rails on both sides and see if they are equal.

If not, look for slightly tweaked control arm/bushing mounts, bent control arms, rotted bushings, etc.

shark
12-10-2008, 11:01 PM
thanks again, ken. i just installed a set of lower control arms from tr custom to eliminate the wheel hop. i will measure to make sure the rear is centered.
mike