PDA

View Full Version : Brakes go completely down..

tito
12-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Hello all.. new to the the turbo world, I have 87 t-type with a powermaster, the accumulator was leaking (very hard pedal light on), so i replaced it, BUT before i did so i bleeded all the fluid, with a bleeder vacuum, rear left, rear right etc, i removed the fluid container and cleaned it, vacuum ed any oil left in the pump, i inserted everything back, including the new accumulator, it charged in 9 seconds, turned off ignition pumped 10 times, recharged in 9 sec again, no brake light comes on, the pedal is very soft and it goes all the way down, i bleeded each wheel again, same thing? i disconnected the pressure switch and NO LIGHT came on ?? the brakes then felt as if they were good regular vacuum brakes?? i connected it again and it recharged and back to step one? im at a lost ?? I did read the articles but i am still confused any guidance is appreciated..:ugh:

Ts86ttype
01-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Have you gone down the chart here. http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/brakes/brakespage.html And down to the special bleed procedure???

Keller
01-04-2009, 02:22 AM
You have no light now. Are you just complaining about a soft pedal?

I'm concerned your bleed process was a little too aggressive by vacuuming out all the fluid. You might have had the system running air for a bit. Also, the two sides of the reservoir run independently. Their levels have to be observed and adjusted appropriately.

Survivor87
01-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Sounds like you may have some air in the master cylinder. You will need to bleed that out at the fittings right there on the cylinder, and then probably go through the wheel cylinders once again. Seems like you would get a light with that soft pedal, though.:dunno:
My understanding is that the pump can purge itself after a few cycles.

spikegomez
01-12-2009, 06:26 AM
Too aggressive vacuuming out all the fluid in your brake system.... yeah i think you should adjust the levels of your system...