PDA

View Full Version : Nice flowing mufflers (split from Re: Right exhaust for Turbo V6)

BoostedEvIL
01-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Hey guys.
I have 2.5 in pipes going into Flowmasters, 40s I guess.
I having the system dropped an reinstalled because the downpipe is tooo low to ground and making the exhaust look bad. While its off I want to replace those flowmasters. The drone is killing me! What are the part numbers of some nice flowing mufflers?

kenmosher
01-13-2009, 10:55 AM
It's going to depend on the pipes that you have as far as case length, inlet/outlet offset and such.

Measure your current ones and then start looking at the Magnaflows, the Hooker Aeroflows, the Walker Ultraflows and the like. They are all oval case mufflers with a straight through/semi straight through design. These seem to avoid the dreaded drone at ~2K RPM.

The chambered mufflers (like the Flowmasters, Walker Super Turbos, etc.) seem to be the most prone to drone.

BoostedEvIL
01-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Thanks Ken,
The drone at 2k is exactly what i want to get rid of.

BoostedEvIL
01-24-2009, 10:34 PM
Got my Magnaflows installed today. The shop fabbed up everything new from the cat back. Car is much quieter. Still has a nice low rumble at idle. But the drone is GONE! I can actually hear my radio now. Performance is the same or better.
Thanks for the suggestions!:thumbsup: