PDA

View Full Version : Factory Radio

NOIZEOF86
02-11-2009, 09:59 PM
I have an 86 t type, if anyone has the correct, factory radio for it let me know please....concert sound II

Keller
02-11-2009, 11:46 PM
There were a few different ones. Presumably one with tape player is what you are looking for, but they had the equalizer as an option. Either could come with CS II.

NOIZEOF86
02-12-2009, 12:17 AM
welll, haha...um, is there any way i could determine which radio came in it?? maybe by the connectors in back? A way of determining if it had the one with the equilizer? The car itself has manual locks, crank windows, manual mirrors....seems fairly stripped down, so maybe it didn't have the best radio either???

P.S. Would what i described be a "factory lightweight" car??

Keller
02-12-2009, 03:08 AM
Look in the trunk at the option code sticker to determine what it originally had. All the codes can be decoded on this website.

Heading off topic a bit for "Parts Wanted", but a true lightweight car would have crank windows, manual locks, no radio, manual seats, etc. Please follow up on this part of the topic in a more appropriate area.

m233roller
02-12-2009, 03:16 AM
Look at your RPO sticker in the trunk. Should be one of these codes:
U63 = Cheapest
UK4
UM7
UP2
UM6
UX1= Best

This list is cheapest to best. Tell me your code and I'll tell what radio the car came with.

Keller
02-12-2009, 03:23 AM
This list is cheapest to best.
Cheapest would be "radio delete", I believe.

m233roller
02-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Scott,
I guess that is all how you look at it?? The best radio UX1 can usually be purchased for $50 to $100. Radio's ? Lots of them. I have a GM radio delete plate he can have for $150 ??? Delete plates? Darn rare. !! Yes I know a guy could make his own plate or just leave a big hole there but LOOKS ? UGGHHH

Keller
02-12-2009, 02:23 PM
I guess that is all how you look at it??
Naturally I meant cheapest from the factory. Think I've only seen one delete plate, and it was installed in a drag car, and it probably wasn't there originally.

Anyway...back to the search for the right radio...

NOIZEOF86
02-14-2009, 02:48 AM
sorry guys my internets been acting up....im gna look at the codes in the trunk tomorrow....ill keep updating

turbofish38
02-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Don't forget that ConcertSound2 means that you have the speakers in door panels. In other words CS2 is a 6 speaker system.

And most of those radios on Mikes list are Buick only in appearance in case you want to make your car PC. For example the UM6 AM/FM/Cass. The tape buttons are different if you have a Olds compared to a Buick. And I've noticed some Regals have the blue flouro display and some have the yellow displays. I'm not 100% for sure why this is but I have a theory that it depends on whether your car has a power or manual antenna. Most if not all of the yellow displays I've seen were fixed mast antennas. And the UL5 Radio Delete cars all came with fixed mast antennas and front dash speakers. Than you have the heavy Concert Sound rear speakers compared to the standard U64 lighter weight speakers.:confused:

I agree that a true "lightweight" would be radio delete. Afterall a radio weighs the same whether it's a cheap AM or equalizer tape deck.