PDA

View Full Version : Tire Gallery

TheDoughboy
01-17-2005, 06:45 PM
I will also compile a tire gallery to go with the wheel gallery I have done already. This will make tire choices clear and easy when your in the market for new ones.

Email me a nice side shot of your car showing both tires. Also give me any info you can like: tire size, make, model, wheel info, back spacing & any mods you made to fit like spacers, wheel well mods, frame notching etc...

The more info you give me the better. Uncompressed pics are better too, so I can photoshop them myself for the best results.

Send in streets and slicks! Send to ronpike@rcspoolers.com

Thanks!

Ron

kenmosher
01-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Sounds great!

Any chance of letting us host that (with full credit of course) so that it's in the repository? Or at least a link?

These private websites tend to move around and sometimes disappear (and the great info is lost!)

TheDoughboy
01-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Sounds great!

Any chance of letting us host that (with full credit of course) so that it's in the repository? Or at least a link?

These private websites tend to move around and sometimes disappear (and the great info is lost!)

Sure that is why I am doing it , for everyone to access. It will be eaiser if I host due to me updating so often as the info and pics come in. Here is the link to the wheel gallery http://www.rcspoolers.com/tbwheels.htm

I am still working on the tire gallery, want to get a few more sizes before I load it up. I will post the link then.

Ron

TheDoughboy
01-19-2005, 02:51 AM
Here it is http://www.rcspoolers.com/tires.htm

11 tire sizes so far, if your car is in the Wheel gallery shoot me a email with the size info so I can add it to the tire gallery please. There are Over 50 Different cars in the wheel gallery, so I know I should have more info on them Between all 4 boards.

You might want to "Refresh" your browser as I have been making changes. Keep them coming.

Ron

Mick
01-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Just wanted to say thanks. Great site.

The only other thing that might be nice is owners name and email. Possibly a link to their website to see more pics.

I was looking through the wheels of unkown brands and really like how the picture in column 2 row 4 looks. I'd like to know more about it, but we dont have is any contact info or where the picture came from ? Just a suggestion, if its possible.

Thanks again Ron.

TheDoughboy
01-22-2005, 04:47 PM
What you see is what you get :) Most pics I gathered awhile back , before I had this idea. So I never kept track of the webpages they came from. I post the owners name if I can find it or if it's supplied with photos.

If someone spots their car they should send me an email with their name and wheel/tire info and I can post it. Especially the tire sizes, that way we can get lots more sizes listed.

If you have pics of wheels not listed, email them in too ronpike@rcspoolers.com

Ron

Mick
01-22-2005, 04:47 PM
I revisited the site. You do have the info if you know it. I guess the only thing we could possibly do for the unknowns is at least let us know where the picture came from. If its on the intrernet or was it just sent to you by someone.

I don't know if you want to here suggestions or not. If I'm out of line please let me know.

Another thing that would make the site more pleasurable for browsing would be a way to browse through the pictures by clicking a next button as apposed to opening and closing each picture. Again just trying to help, ignore me if I'm pushing to far or this is too much work. The site is great the way it is but we can make it even better.

Another question I have is, Should we just send you pics of anybodys car. Do you have to have permission or anything. Or if its on the internet its free game ?

Thanks again.

TheDoughboy
01-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Hey Mick,

The problem is I have had 90% of those pics on my hard drive for a long time and did not notate where they came from. Most I found on the net. The small ones (under 800x600) are because where I found them they had no larger photos. I don't like using the "filmstrip" style of viewing because I hate wading though pics I don't care about, to get to what I do care about.

I think it's much easier to see the wheels "you" want to see by clicking on them. 1 finger on the mouse button and 1 finger on the "backspace" key and you can go through all the pics in a couple mins or less.

Yeah, I did not get any permission on the pics, but if someone has a real problem I guess could remove it. It's not like I am making Any money off this (or my time) and I will give photo credit to all if they Notify me by email. Also lots of people have these photos on their hard drives too, I don't see a problem.

I do welcome any ideas though :) Just email them to me ronpike@rcspoolers.com

Ron

TheDoughboy
01-24-2005, 02:55 AM
Site Updated!

Check the site often as updates are made 3-4 times a week. Just added tonight, a Widened OE wheel section. The other night I added a GNX mesh wheel section. You might have to click the "Refresh" button on your browser to view changes.

Ron

Mick
01-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Site is coming along nicely. I just hope we can get info on all the wheels.
The pictures you added with the comment "nice stance" I'd like to know what was done. It really does have a nice stance. Maybe the owner will see it and give us more info.

TheDoughboy
01-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Site is coming along nicely. I just hope we can get info on all the wheels.
The pictures you added with the comment "nice stance" I'd like to know what was done. It really does have a nice stance. Maybe the owner will see it and give us more info.

Yep me too :) I am updating some now, as the info trickles in I post it. So again to all, if you happen to see Your car send me an email with wheel and tire info and I will add it.

Thanks to all who have done so already :cheers:

Ron

Mick
02-02-2005, 08:57 PM
Anybody wanna guess what was done to the "nice stance" photo car :confused: . I really think its the best stance I've seen on our cars. Who ever owns it did it right. The picture is under widenened wheels. I cant tell, are we sure those are only 15 inch wheels ??? They look bigger..... I'd like to copy this setup...I love this cars stance. Used the picture as my wallpaper I like it so much :) .

TheDoughboy
02-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Anybody wanna guess what was done to the "nice stance" photo car :confused: . I really think its the best stance I've seen on our cars. Who ever owns it did it right. The picture is under widenened wheels. I cant tell, are we sure those are only 15 inch wheels ??? They look bigger..... I'd like to copy this setup...I love this cars stance. Used the picture as my wallpaper I like it so much :) .

Same here... I came across the pics a few months back and there was no info on the site. The wheels do kinda look like 16", but I can make out the stock center cap. So if they are 15" maybe with the car being lowered and lo-pro tires and just look bigger.

Here is the car, does anyone know the owner?http://www.rcspoolers.com/w9.jpg http://www.rcspoolers.com/w10.jpg

Let us know if you do.

Ron