PDA

View Full Version : New guy here looking for a Reputable GN engine builder in Northern Bay Area ca?

2LaneBlkTop
04-12-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm hoping some one can point me in the right direction.I need someone to build my motor.I live in petaluma ca and could use some help.
Looking for a good GN engine builder in Northern Bay Area ca?

Thanks guys,

Jack

MR GO FAST
04-13-2009, 09:43 AM
http://www.davesenginemachining.com/

Benched
04-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Mizzi's Automotive
1128 Western Street
Fairfield, CA 94533
Phone: 707.429.8820

Or, Selby & Sons (Santa Rosa) can do the block, and Steven Borel (mechanic in Healdsburg) can do the assembly.

2LaneBlkTop
04-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Thanks,
I just found out about Selby & Sons a few days ago.
Does Steven Borel do a lot of buick turbo cars?

Thanks,

Mizzi's Automotive
1128 Western Street
Fairfield, CA 94533
Phone: 707.429.8820

Or, Selby & Sons (Santa Rosa) can do the block, and Steven Borel (mechanic in Healdsburg) can do the assembly.

Benched
04-19-2009, 10:08 PM
I am trusting Steven to do a 400HP build for me when the time comes. You should talk to him. He would be quite candid about what his abilities are. If you are looking for more HP than that, I am sure he would send you to one of the more reputable builders.

What are your goals? What is your budget?

For me, I want to get to the 11.5 second mark. Then have another build and roll cage that will get me into the tens.

2LaneBlkTop
04-26-2009, 03:37 PM
I am trusting Steven to do a 400HP build for me when the time comes. You should talk to him. He would be quite candid about what his abilities are. If you are looking for more HP than that, I am sure he would send you to one of the more reputable builders.

What are your goals? What is your budget?

For me, I want to get to the 11.5 second mark. Then have another build and roll cage that will get me into the tens.

I am looking to build a really reliable quiet sleeper hopefully doing mostly internals some where between 375-425hp I would like to build a 12 second car with a lot of torque and still get 23mpg if possible.
I really don't know much about the 3.8 at this point and that's why I wanted to look for a guy that knows his recipes.
I guess I will just have to keep doing the research.
I have a new crate motor to start with and am looking at different heads looks like a real good port job on the stock heads is pretty common.
I'm trying to budget now and need to find out what to acquire.
If you dont mind me asking what is he charging you for your build?
If I dont have to pawn my life away I would love to get into the 11s!

Benched
04-26-2009, 06:28 PM
Before I tell you what I was going to pay Steven, let me get him involved.

I can tell you that Selby and Sons charges $600 dollars to clean and check a block, bore it to whatever size you dictate, and leave you with a lovely cross hatched pattern. Things like doing your crank, balancing, and hanging your rotating assembly are also in their venue.

Have you looked at the " recipes " here at GNTType?

2LaneBlkTop
04-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Before I tell you what I was going to pay Steven, let me get him involved.

I can tell you that Selby and Sons charges $600 dollars to clean and check a block, bore it to whatever size you dictate, and leave you with a lovely cross hatched pattern. Things like doing your crank, balancing, and hanging your rotating assembly are also in their venue.

Have you looked at the " recipes " here at GNTType?

ok great
I would like to drop by his shop
Yes I have checked out the recipe page man I think that page is just incredible
Another insightful aspect of this website witch gets the blood going

If nothing else maybe you could tell me what your total budget is for the car your building mechanically including parts (general idea)
See I haven't got that far yet. So I'm looking for ball park figure in order to brace myself ;)
I am partner in a restoration shop in Santa Rosa Ca and do a lot of bartering and have a few offers for this and that.I figure I'm going to have to commit soon to dropping the motor off and getting started so any info is good info at this point

jared -

Benched
04-26-2009, 11:26 PM
Budget...
pistons and rings 600
engine internals 680
basic block machining 600
crank machinging 200
3 angle valve job 180

SUBTOTAL 2260

Penalty for being a
lousy budgeter 740