PDA

View Full Version : Vacuum work

BoostedEvIL
06-14-2009, 11:21 PM
Hey guys,
I started my quest to stop my IAC counts from going to zero.
So far a found a crack in my vaccum hard line. The one that goes on to the egr. I used JB Weld to seal that for now. And I actually got my IAC counts to stay away from zero for awhile. But I still have a bit of needle play on my vac guage. It fluctuates from between 15 to 17in Hg.

Questions
I checked the egr solenoid with a vacuum pump and I got nothing out of it. Is that typical. EGR valve holds vac and actual hoses are ok.
EVAP canister does not hold vacuum? Is that normal?
Which direction are check valves supposed go?
I have a bit of oil around my pcv valve and it might be letting oil into intake.(Not sure though) Does that mean its bad.

Any other tips are also appreciated. I'm going to rip it all out this weekend and replace all the hoses and make it look neat. Its a rats nest right now.
I'm new at this so don't hold back with obvious things that I should checkout while I'm in there.
Thanks

Keller
06-28-2009, 08:03 PM
I have a bit of oil around my pcv valve and it might be letting oil into intake.(Not sure though) Does that mean its bad.
What kind of PCV is installed? Do you have the AC CV893? IMHO, that is the only right one for the 86-87 cars.