PDA

View Full Version : Temperature level blend door

IL KIM
09-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Hello! Been a while but finally got to changing out my heater core since it started leaking in the spring. Archives search engine doesn't seem to be working.

I have the top cover off the case and noticed the blend door for the manual temperature lever closes (pulls) the blend door shut when the lever is pushed to the right for heat. If I slide the lever to the far left, cold, the blend door does not shut (pushes) tight leaving a 1" or so gap.

It seems the heat from the heater core would always be mixing with the cold air from the a/c evaporator?

I took the lever off the blend door clip and turned it counterclockwise (lengthening the lever) 5 full rotations and still won't push the door fully shut.

Should it?

Itching to get the new heater core in and car back on the road. Any advise appreciated. Thanks!

IL KIM
09-25-2009, 10:09 PM
TTT
No clues? Think I'll check the cable from the temp control lever to the case so see if it's slipping tomorrow.

IL KIM
09-26-2009, 08:35 PM
I got it fixed. Shuts real nice both ways.

Keller
09-26-2009, 08:46 PM
What'd it take?

IL KIM
09-27-2009, 05:59 PM
WD40 on the temp control cable from the head to the lever on the case (from the glovebox opening). Then readjusting where the cable was held by the clip at the lever end to basically lengthen it. Got the car on the back on the road today! What a blast. Now to convert and fix the A/C leak.... should blow colder with the blend door working right.