PDA

View Full Version : Trunk upholstery in '87 GN

brookst
03-07-2010, 09:20 AM
I have seen photos of trunks of '87 GN. Some seem to have different upholstery. Some with the sides covered. Mine just has a black mat in the floor. When the new '87s came out, did they have different trunk kits?

Keller
03-07-2010, 09:38 AM
A trunk "dress up" kit was an option, but not a very popular one. I believe all the GNXs had them. And there are aftermarket ones available.

I believe it was option B48 - "TRUNK TRIM COVERING".

PhillyTurboSix
03-07-2010, 10:04 AM
The only difference between the factory optioned trunk kit and the aftermarket ones is the stock one was a little more plush then any aftermarket one I've seen. All GNX's it was added to the option list.

I have Kirban's trunk kit in my car as seen in this pic below. With the addition of a custom sub box I has made. :cooldance

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3016/3047271396_cd79669896_b.jpg

brookst
04-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Sorry for my slow response to your reply. Your trunk is OUTSTANDING. I have shown pics of it to a lot of my friends. How did you get the GN logo on the speaker board? That is cool. What speakers do you have in the trunk and do you like the sound?

PhillyTurboSix
04-28-2010, 01:33 AM
Thanks for the compliments. :cheers: I do embroidery so it was easy to get the embroidery on there. I picked up a roll of that carpet and did the embroidery and then spray glued it to the wood for the speaker box. I've been so busy with projects with my other cars I have not had the time to hook up the amp yet! Been slackin big time. They are JL audio speakers and a friend has the same set up in his regal and it rattles his teeth so it should be the same way I would think. I was going with Alpine amps but the amps mount in the middle of that box between the speakers and I think the heat will be an issue so I might tweak that before I install them. I have all the wires ran back there just haven't had the time to get the amp in there. Hopefully soon.