PDA

View Full Version : 87 GN electical diagram?

turbopower1987
05-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Anyone have it and can you post it?

Ts86ttype
05-26-2010, 09:33 PM
The GN, T-Type electrical diagram manual is MANY pages long... What part are you having a problem with??? Ing. ECM, lighting, charging system and so on... Tom G.

turbopower1987
05-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Lighting, mainly dash,radio,A/C

turbopower1987
05-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Whenever I turn on the headlights I have no dash lights, radio, and A/C. My first thought is a bad headlight switch. Could I be right? I will check the fuses the switch is what I'm thinking. Any thoughts?

Ts86ttype
05-26-2010, 11:45 PM
This information and question should be in the general electrical section and I am sure Keller will put it there... When you turn on your head light switch, power goes through the dimmer portion of the switch, then through the 5 amp fuse, then out to the dash, radio and A/C control head lights for lighting intensity control... Check your fuse and if it is OK, then the dimmer switch is the most likely problem... Let us know what you find... Tom G.

turbopower1987
05-27-2010, 09:07 AM
This information and question should be in the general electrical section and I am sure Keller will put it there... When you turn on your head light switch, power goes through the dimmer portion of the switch, then through the 5 amp fuse, then out to the dash, radio and A/C control head lights for lighting intensity control... Check your fuse and if it is OK, then the dimmer switch is the most likely problem... Let us know what you find... Tom G.

What fuse controls the door locks because they went out at the same time?

Ts86ttype
05-27-2010, 10:07 PM
The 20 amp CIG-CLK fuse supplies power to the door lock switches... Check it and if it is blown make sure your cig. lighter is not shorting things out... Tom G.

turbopower1987
05-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Ok I checked that fuse even though it it was a 10 AMP it was blown. I changed it with another 10amp and checked it but still no lights. I should also throw in that the rpm and boost gauges work butt when the light switch is turned on they also go out. Should I now move to the dimmer switch? Does any of the local auto parts stores still carry the roll up and down kind or are they discontinued?

Just to refresh: All outside lights work when I turn on the light switch.
Blown 10amp "inst lps" put new in and still no gauge or lights

NEXT STEP NEW DIMMER SWITCH??

Any help would be great!

Ts86ttype
05-30-2010, 07:11 PM
Here is the instrument panel light diagram... You can take out the dimmer and make jumper wire with a inline fuse and jump between the BRN wire and the GRY wire with your head light switch on, so you have power and your dash light should come on... Do make sure all your fuses are OK so you are not fighting a back tracking voltage for another source... You can have a blown CIG fuse and some weird things happen in the system.... I have found the dimmer switch at RockAuto parts on line for about 16.00 bucks... I have also seen them on Ebay and nos4gn/Highway Stars a has original A/C Delco for 50.00 bucks... Lets do some checking before you start part swapping... Tom G.