PDA

View Full Version : turbo tweak 5.5

Booster
07-16-2010, 09:35 AM
I would like to run some high octane(110) and turn up the boost on my regal to see what it will do in the quarter,my setup is a ta60 turbo,ported heads aftermarket flat tappet cam(not sure of the specifications)3200 stall converter(911)ajustable regulator(accufab)hotwire and walboro pump,009 42#injectors,9"K and N,free flow exhaust ,shift kit,big neck(net yet installed)on intercooler and scanmaster.My WOT (L8) is set at the default 128 which to my understanding is 0%change my BLM is also set at 128 I would like to know what my settings should be changed to as well as my boost (currently at 16#s)and what my fuel pressure should be ajusted to at my regulator,also if it makes any difference ,it is very hot here this time of year and nighttime temps(when I will be driving)do not dip much below 90,I want more performance but do not want to push the envelope too much,also I will be driving to the track.

Keller
07-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Not really sure what your question is...

IMHO, I would leave the fuel pressure at the recommended setting. It should raise with boost. Boost should be set to 20-21 max, which for that turbo is actually conservative. Watch the Scanmaster for O2 at WOT in the 780-770 range. Again, very conservative. Going to 23-25 # of boost and O2 closer to 760 would bring more power, but I would hesitate to do that without keeping an eye on EGTs, WBO2s, and having a fast data rate so that you are sure not to hurt something.

You can raise the WOT 3-4 gear timing (and probably 1-2 as well) because of the fuel. However, I don't think you can see the necessary BLM data with a Scanmaster to tune the TT chip. (Anyone done this? I've never had a solid answer.) Raising the timing and boost to go with the increased octane will be the key to getting the most out of the combo in a "race" setting.

Booster
07-16-2010, 07:04 PM
So do I need to increase fuel pressure at regulator when I turn up boost?And would your suggestion be to increase the timing overall or in individual gears?Should I not adjust the L8?If I get knock what should I adjust?If my 02s drop to low what should I adjust?Guess I need a little tutorial any help would be welcomed,scanmaster is what Im using now don't have budget for anything else at this point

Eric M
07-17-2010, 01:20 PM
With the 5.5 chip, parameter 0 is WOT fuel. When L8 is on 0, switch to BL on scanmaster and it will display what WOT fuel is set to (should be 128 by default). You can add or subtract from WOT fuel by adjusting that number according your directions. Let me know if you need directions.

As a general rule, add 3% fuel for every psi of boost you add (about 4 numbers on the adjustment). This is a starting point. Obviously you'll need to monitor your O2's and knock to fine tune it.

Also, like Scott said, you could add a couple degrees timing to add a little more power (which is parameters 1 and 2 on that chip).

Booster
07-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Thaks for info Eric will let you know if If I have any questions

Keller
07-18-2010, 01:18 AM
Thought it best to get the answer from the source, so I asked Eric to chime in.

With his chips, you should not have to manually adjust fuel pressure. You can adjust the fuel injector % in the chip adjustments, which is preferable. If you get too much knock (i.e. more than a tickle on a shift), AND your O2 does not show lean, AND you do not have crazy boost, then you probably have too much timing. If it shows lean, add fuel instead. If the boost is too high, drop it 0.5-1 PSI. It is all what comprises tuning, and it is as much an art as it is a science.

Booster
07-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Thanks for bringing in Eric ,Keller I am making small adjustments and am taking notes and paying close attention to my numbers.