PDA

View Full Version : Rear Brake Picture for 1987 Grand National?

normster
07-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Anyone have pictures of their rear brakes for a 1987 grand national? My fiancee's father took both sides off and now unsure how to put it back together. Also, which faces the front of the car, the brake shoe with more or less brake? And he mixed up the screw adjusters and now unsure which one goes on which side. Thanks!

Ts86ttype
07-24-2010, 04:08 PM
I needed to blow out my rear brakes, so here are some pics of both sides and a Buick manual diagram of the rear brake, brake down...And the short shoe goes to the front of the car or short shoe forward as we say in drum brake lingo... Tom G.

normster
07-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Thank you for the pictures and diagram! Really appreciate it! One more question, any ideas on how to bleed the brake? :)

normster
07-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Just found out where to bleed the brakes. :)
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/brakes/linelock.html:swerve:

Ts86ttype
07-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Normster, You really don't have to bleed the brakes unless you are replacing the rear wheel cylinders or you have opened up the system somewhere else... It still is a good idea to get the old fluid out and install nice new clean fluid especially if you are running the powermaster system... Good luck. Tom G.

normster
07-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Tom,
Thanks for the help again. Yep, still have the Power Master system. Everything's stock in her car.