PDA

View Full Version : Damn kids...

Keller
08-09-2010, 07:05 PM
So I went to an O'Reillys to get a TCC solenoid in hopes of curing the strange behavior I've been having. I get to the counter and the convo goes something like this with the young Counter Droid:

Me: I need a torque converter clutch solenoid

Counter droid: What year/make/model

Me: 1987 Buick Regal Grand National (Figure this is easier than saying "Regal T" or "Regal T-Type", because I know their system already has it singled out as a unique model and all of its driveline defined, etc.)

Counter droid: (Pecking away endlessly, then finally...) Is that rear wheel drive or front wheel drive?

Me: :shock: :ugh: :rant: :steam:

Please, educate the youth. Show them what your cars are at every opportunity you get. Both at shows, street, and on the track. Don't let the great unwashed grow up thinking the new Camaro and Mustang are the most wonderful RWD cars the US has ever produced. Remind them that there was a time when cars were simpler, weren't bloated with safety items and multiple valves, sometimes didn't have V8 engines, and were very QUICK.

makinboost
09-03-2010, 07:03 PM
im only 23 were not all that dumb!!! haha and plus im on gn number 2! cant all be that bad huh

Blue Guy
09-05-2010, 09:21 PM
hey im 14 and love my dad's buick. aka where i got the name from

turbopowered68
09-10-2010, 09:50 AM
i hate to say it but i don't even try.
i just look up the parts on the Advance web site and order it to in-store pick up that way i don't even have talk to them about parts or cars.

Keller
09-10-2010, 04:13 PM
I tried. FWiW, APP only carries an offshore part. O'Reilly's carries a Pioneer domestic part, But it isn't stocked at every store.

Anyway...off topic.

PaCemkr86
09-17-2010, 11:51 PM
nice story Scott