PDA

View Full Version : Possible hot air 84 T Type???

Ssvalleyboy
02-10-2005, 02:10 AM
Hey guys i have a line on a 84 t type for about $ 2000. The only problem is i want to run 11's. Should i just save up for an 86/87 or just grab the 84 and go to work. P.S. SORRY IF THIS ISN'T IN THE RIGHT PLACE

steadyslamming
02-10-2005, 02:27 AM
It can be done with a hot air car.you will spend less money on parts for an 86,87 than the 84.the price of the 84 is low enough that you should be able to run in the 11's for about 5 grand total.Good luck,AL.

Keller
02-10-2005, 02:57 PM
Check out the "Hot Air" recipes on this website.

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/recipes/recipepage.html

vipers t type
02-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Im building a 84 hot air car im in it for 3 grand and loving every min .I will not quit untill i acheive 10 sec in qtr mile.

Cortes_Frank
02-14-2005, 06:53 PM
I have a 84 T Type just finishing up radiator and tranny lines and cooler been working on it for 2 years all stock cant wait to pull her out this spring and see how she is going to run. Theres alot of Gn's and not enough of hot airs. Good luck FrankC :cheers:

brad_padgett
02-14-2005, 10:27 PM
I have a totally rebuilt 85 GN which I bought about two years ago. I clearly did not understand the mechanics of these cars when I bought it. I thought horsepower meant more boost-wrong. I blew up a new motor with 5000 miles on it due to a misadjusted waste gate actuator.
My advice- First replace the stock boost gauge and tach. The stock ones are worthless. Next, get your wallet out and follow the recipes on this website. They work, wish I saw them last year. Thanks-Brad

vipers t type
02-14-2005, 10:32 PM
Yes sir i have 84 t type hot air car and cant wait untill she is done .I have added some goodies to mine though.Twin turbo and nitris injected innercooler.This will keep this hot air car a bit cooler. Takes allot of money though, but its worth it.I cant wait untill im ata stop light with a GN though this would make things intresting.I just love turbo regals anyway but to put away a Grand National is my task.Cameros and stangs are a joke to me and wont even give them a chance even to line up against me.But anyhow GOOD LUCK man, we hot air guys need it. :madder:

JBIRD
02-15-2005, 01:07 AM
Same Here Guys!
Even Though My 85 Seems To Be Kickin My Butt, And A Lot Of People Warned Me, But I Wouldn't Listen!
I Am Not Givin Up, Even For A Cold Air Car!
There Is No Reason Why We Shouldn't Have The Same Glory, And Even More Respect For Trying To Acheive All The Same With Hot Air!