PDA

View Full Version : need tech questions answer

joshua21
10-05-2010, 11:55 PM
how much motor oil does a 87grand national buick take?

what is the best motor oil weight to run in a stock grand national with 160 thounsand miles? ( i live in the south)

would it be hard to put a 4.3 into a grand national, and what all do i have to change?

Keller
10-06-2010, 02:10 AM
5 quarts - Just like the dipstick is stamped.

Stock weight is 10w-30. The miles don't necessarily ruin the bearings, and these motors are built much tighter than Chevy motors.

:what: Why put a Chevy motor in it? If you do, let me know where I can pick up the 3.8.

Yes, it would bolt up to the hermaphrodite 200-4R trans, but that would be about it. You'd be on your own for everything else. None of the headers, mounts, plumbing, etc. would work. The entire ignition scheme that is in the car would have to be heavily fangled to work on another motor, or you would have to go with an aftermarket system, and thus likely an aftermarket computer.

Why not get a clapped out Monte that already had one in it and start with that? Just sell the GN so you'll have enough money to do what you want.

joshua21
10-06-2010, 08:55 AM
where can i get sumone to rebuild a 3.8 motor for me in the south carolina area?

my motor has a lite tap from the bottom but its not knocking?