PDA

View Full Version : Engine Rebuild

Batman
12-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Am rebuilding a 87 T-Type and am using a Applied Technologie RP309h Roller Cam. What fuel enj.. should I use and a stall conv... the motor is stock get the heads done with the cam spec...

Keller
12-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Honestly, fuel injector size is based largely on turbo size and horsepower target and not so much on cam size with these cars. Same for the torque converter stall. Maybe if you gave us some more details of the combination (i.e. turbo as well), what you intend to do with it, how much horsepower you wish to make and/or how fast/quick you want to go in a quarter mile, then we can give some good advice based on the combination and not just the bumpstick.

kenmosher
12-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Making some assumptions (good port job, larger valves, supporting tweaks, good tune) ... I'd just stick some 60# Siemens/Mototrons in it with the matching chip/cal.

That will get you into the 600 HP range with enough fuel pump and slight bump in base fuel pressure @ 80% duty cycle. All predicated on good gas, boost, intercooler, etc.

Big bonus ... stock drivability.

turbowanabe
12-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Am rebuilding a 87 T-Type and am using a Applied Technologie RP309h Roller Cam. What fuel enj.. should I use and a stall conv... the motor is stock get the heads done with the cam spec...

I'm running the same cam and using the 60# mototron injectors, a CPT66 turbo with a 3200 stall 9/11 loc-up convertor, and my cars idles and moves like a stocker- boost comes on instant and hits real hard!

makinboost
12-23-2010, 06:15 PM
also in the same process but not wanting to go anywhere near back to stock. i dont know how bad the cylindar walls are yet, but i know #2 has no compression. the car is going to jose motorsports in camden to be rebuilt and i was trying to get some more input on whats the right kind of set up to aim for around 550 to 650 hp but still pump gas and streetable. please let me know how realistic this may seem and what avenue i need to go down. i have already sent out pms about a trans. i have the specs for the car laying around here somewhere so once i find the sheet i will post the turbo and what not that is already on there.