PDA

View Full Version : 2011 BPG T Party aka T-Types and TTA! Roll Call whose attending???

TROSE11SECGN
03-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Who will be coming?

1. As announced, High Performance Pontiac and Muscle Car Review will be covering the event.
2. Shootout between TTA vs T Types of various types ie bone stock, slightly modified, all out race cars, etc. will take place at the event and may garner magazine coverage. Once and for all a final showdown to see who truly is the baddest of the bad.
3. First time ever all these Buick and Pontiac engineers involved with the T-Type/GN/GNX and TTA vehicles have ever met in one location other than Flint or Pontiac Michigan. NEVER at any other event, and NEVER again will this happen.
4. Other engineers I am in talks with who did everything from the AE piston design, to the DEA/FBI car ECM testing, to Stage 2 Block development, prototype 3.8 engine block, Buick Indy Motorsports Engine testing. Never has this happened and will be indeed one for the ages. All in air conditioned JEGS suites, with a relaxed "bench racing" atmosphere.
5. Probably the only one left in existence, a Buick T Type factory test bed car that was built by the engineers at Turbo Group and tested the gamut of parts that eventually made their way on our beloved TRs. Not the Oak Ridge test car, this is a FLINT test bed and SURVIVED!!
6. Possible super rare 79 Turbo Century Coupe.
7. Never before seen pictures of the GNX going through the assembly process.
8. Never before seen prototype Buick parts with the engineers who built and tested them.

You will never see this happen again and this event will never be duplicated in any fashion. BE THERE!!!!

WHOSE COMING????

Keller
03-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Certainly thinking about it!

kenmosher
03-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Dates and location again?

Also, just a random question ... what's rare about the 79 Turbo Century? Reason I ask, I drove a 78 or 79 (I think) one summer when I worked for the my high school as summer help. It was white, tan interior, "aeroback" and it was the DRIVER'S ED car! :D

Of course, we had to "test" it quite a bit that summer!

TROSE11SECGN
03-03-2011, 09:47 PM
July 29-31, 2011 at National Trail Raceway in Columbus, Ohio!

TROSE11SECGN
03-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Ron Yuile, who ran the Buick Turbo Group from 1986-1988, and also was heavily involved with making the Turbo V6 the fastest engine in GM Powertrain during 1986-87 much to the chagrin of Chevy and their Calloway Corvette, just confirmed today, that he will be attending and speaking at the event! Keep it coming everyone!